Our word (the bad guys x Marmalade's adopted daughter reader)

You were very annoyed with your friends the bad guys. They promised they came clean although they have something they have.... slip ups. One of those times were today, you always paid bail when it happened but you can't do it forever. 

An hour later

"Sor-" you cut Mr wolf off by saying "I know you're sorry but I can't keep on doing this and eventually you'll go back to jail if you don't quite now..." You tried not to sound rude. "Why can't you like you know lie for us???" Snake asked. Everyone look at him. "I haven't for a very long time and I won't do it ever again..." You replied "um why?" Snake asked " you know how marmalade adopted me when I was very little?.." You asked "Yeah." Wolf and webs answered. "Well... When I was a little girl, like really little like 8 or so, I was playing in marmalade's study a place in the house I wasn't supposed to go, marmalade always fancied himself a sailor his study was filled with nautical decor, he kept a boat in a bottle on the top of the self, and it shattered on the ground when I slammed the door, I told his wife everything I told her I was so so sorry, she told me 'don't cry, when he comes home tonight we can make everything okay, this is all we have to say.' , 'We don't remember a boat in a bottle. It must have fallen off it's shelf alone. We know you loved it we're so sad it's broken. But neither one of us was even home.' and it was our word yes our word against his." You said remembering that incident. "Okay but what dose that have to do with anythin-" snake was cut off by Piranha this time "shhhh!" Making you giggle to yourself. "So I hid screw-ups from my father, made up School awards to please my mom, whatever made the food taste better, whatever kept the waters calm, I was told to keep their secrets and in turn they'd keep mine;As I got older, I got dumber, I couldn't help but cross the line... 3 times I nearly wrecked my life, 3 times I nearly came to ruin, 3 times went crying to my parents who said they'd make it go away. Yes this is all we had to say. 'We never rented a house in Sedona. We didn't see Camille the day she died. We haven't been on our boat and some years now so we don't care what you found inside.' And it was our word, yes our word, it was our word, yes our word against theirs." you said while turning a corner. "Somebody was paid to make it go away, everyone was paid to make the problems go away. Didn't matter who got screwed or who got blamed, or what I did to clear my name. An Inconvenient truth was so easily erased..." You said while stopping at a red light. "When I was 26, I was living in New York. I developed some 'fun' habits. Put my white blood cells to work." You said as the light turned green and you turned another corner. "I remember it so clearly. I was home alone on a Tuesday night. To level out, I'd popped him downers. But couldn't seem to get my mind right. I drew a bath and slipped into it and suddenly became aware. I couldn't keep my head above water. I took a final gasp of air and as I laid there helplessly a million different thoughts came to me. I saw my parents hearing the news ' your only daughter drowned today' I thought about what they might say.  'Our daughter (name)? No she moved to Austin. She's very happy there or so we hear. She's always been so goddamned independent. The years go by and now we barely see her. Our daughter (name)? You must be mistaken. You mean the girl we raised as if our own. We loved her so much she felt like our child. But eventually we had to send her home.' It'd be their word, only their word, it'd be their word... on it's own..." You said as you stopped inside of their 'base'. "Wow, (name) I'm um I'm sorry..." Snake said you looked back to see everyone looking at you with a mixture of shock and sadness.

(This was not requested at all I just felt like making this cuz I was bored. Btw this is supposed to be platonic but you can take it as romantic if you want. Angst of course but there will be a part 2 to this so yeah.) ( word count 788)