Chapter Five

By the time Sabrina arrives at school, there was already a big commotion and Sabrina had a feeling that things were about to get out of hand.

At break time, Sabrina sits with her friends Katie, Pedro, and Henry as they discuss the latest issue.

'Did you hear that Diamond has been kidnapped, Sabrina?' Katie tells her. 'This must be the best day of your life.'

'Come on, I've heard that before and as much as I despise Diamond, I wouldn't want anything like that to happen to anyone.'

'Well, I bet you'll want to hear the latest news that came out this morning.' Pedro joins in the discussion. 'I hear that several other people have gone missing and most of them are students of our school. Even Tough-Face has gone missing as well. Could you imagine that?'

'I know this should be making us relieved and all,' Henry points out, 'but something seems odd about these disappearances.'

'Yeah, maybe somebody hates those guys and hired an assassin to get rid of them.' Pedro suggests to them. 'Must have got on someone's nerves and they want those guys out of sight.'

'Alright, that sounds way too merciless and cruel for my tastes.' Katie tells them. 'Let's go with the fact that somebody who hates them hired a secret agent to kidnap them so that they could get even with them. How does that sound?'

'They'll have to have hired ninjas to do this job.' Henry suggests to them. 'From what I've heard, these people just disappeared way too quickly. There wasn't even a trace of the people who took them.'

It was that line that catches Sabrina's attention. Something strange is happening here and as convincing as Henry's statement might sound, Sabrina had a feeling that an even bigger force was behind this.

'Say um, how about we try and find them later, you guys?' Sabrina suggests to them. 'I know we might be dealing with some mean people but I don't think they deserve to suffer that badly. Besides, maybe they might change if we try and help them.'

'Wow, and here I thought you would be happy and not get involved in this issue.' Katie looks astonished at her.

'Yeah, you might have some attitude adjustments but you're right, Sabrina.' Pedro admits to her. 'We should try and find our fellow humans and figure out who is behind this scheme.'

'I guess it might sound interesting.' Henry says to him. 'I'm in as well. So what's the plan, Pedro?'

'Meet me at my house after school and I'll explain it to you.' Pedro says to them. 'Keep this between ourselves, we wouldn't want anybody else making a big deal about this.'

'I'll head over to your place later, Pedro.' Sabrina assures him. 'There's something Katie and I have to do at my place.'

'No problem, catch you later at my place.' Pedro says to them.

Ironically, the mood of the class wasn't as dull as Sabrina would have thought. Sabrina imagined that her classmates would have looked sad or depressed about some of their classmates who had gone missing. This didn't make Sabrina feel any more comfortable than the news about their disappearance. She wonders what would happen if she went missing. Maybe only a handful of her classmates and her friends might mourn her absence or they just might ignore it which is something Sabrina wouldn't want to happen.

After school ends, Katie joins Sabrina at her house. As both of them enter her house, Sabrina could see her aunts and her uncle sitting on the couch and looking quite shocked at something.

'Say, what's going on you guys?' Sabrina looks at them. 'You look as if you've seen a ghost.'

'Haven't you heard yet Sabrina?' Her Aunt Naira looks at her. 'The Stone-Heart family has just been exposed for cheating out of their deals. It's being shown all over the world.'