Chapter 3 "Liars?"

"He was the one who you want to meet today," The Sugary Dark Cacao Watcher said. And Choco Mallow agreed. "Alright..." And then the man holds her hand, and grips it slowly. Choco Mallow was feeling nervous as she doesn't know where the man will bring her. The man smiled behind his hood. "Yes, yes.... My plan is working..." He whispered, without letting Choco Mallow hear a single word from his suspicious whispers. They now went outside the kingdom, Choco Mallow hasn't gone far away from her home in her whole life, she became more nervous. Luckily, a cookie noticed Choco Mallow and the mystery man going outside. "Uh oh... I think that man is kidnapping the princess?! WATCHERS, STOP HIM?!?!?!" Choco Mallow was shocked as she heard the word 'kidnap' "Wait... me.... Getting kidnapped....??" Choco Mallow said as the man ran faster. "YOU CAN'T STOP ME WATCHERS, I'LL JUST BRING THIS GIRL FOR A PARTY-" "WHO SAID YOU CAN BRING THE PRINCESS WITHOUT A PERMISSION TO THE MAJESTY?!" A boy said as he put poison to the man. The man suddenly falls as well as Choco Mallow. Affogato came and carried Choco Mallow home.

...

Choco Mallow woke up as she saw Affogato beside her. "Y-you.... HOW DARE YOU KIDNA-" "Relax princess... I saved you from the old rag that kidnapped you last time... Luckily those watchers saw you... or else... you were... doomed" Affogato said as he smiles, and then Choco Mallow gets up and sits. "Here, have a dessert so the 'curse' will disappear from you" Choco Mallow eats and then she turns to Affogato, with glaring eyes. "Me... has a curse?!? DID YOU DO THIS?!?!?" Affogato sighs and tells Choco Mallow to calm down. Affogato sighed, "Choco Mallow... Princess, Why are you like this? Im not mean at all times... Im already trying to help you with your solutions. Can't you see, im the one who gave you the marshmallow hammer... and then the desserts that i made with efforts just for you... Please. Change...." And then Choco Mallow tries to think that Affogato is very serious. "Well... You kinda feel kind too, I'm sorry about this Affo, I'm just angry at you because of what happened last time we met, and the time i saw you treating the visitors, i didnt wanted to be friends with you.... I just wanna protect my dear villagers... I just had a trauma about my brother... And oh,I don't even know where you went and how you came here all of a sudden.." Choco Mallow said as she was showed half sadness in her face. Affogato hugged her. "It's alright and- Don't worry... I know the Majesty will be mad if i ever treat you like that.... And also I'm a kind person..." And then Choco Mallow nodded. "Not at all times bruh.. But remember.. If I ever see you being mean to others, I'll break up our friendship.. Promise you will not do that?" Then she smiled at Affogato, and he was so glad that they're officially friends. And then they tell a lot about themselves, just like how Choco Mallow became friends with Caramel Arrow. Wait- speaking of Caramel Arrow, she just recently finished her training and she buys 2 bobas. "Hmm... I wonder if my friend is alright..." And then she came to meet Sugary Dark Cacao Watcher. "Hey you... How dare you let someone in last time?! Don't you see... My friend Choco Mallow almost got kidnapped?!!" Caramel Arrow shouted as the Sugary DC watcher cried in fear. "I-i'm sorry... I didn't know that it would happen to the princess..." And then Caramel Arrow leaves him, still her anger is inside her.

"Affogato, it was fun talking to you.. And the way you... I suddenly don't know what to say..." Choco Mallow said as Affogato smiled, and then Choco Mallow smiled back. No wonder that this is the first time Affogato saw Choco Mallow smiling happily. "Why does she look cute with that smile? Wh-what is this feeling..." Affogato thought in his mind as he got interrupted the time Caramel Arrow came. "Hey friend so um- e" Caramel suddenly became speechless. "Hmm.. What are you guys doing with that smile on your face?!?!?!?" Caramel Arrow said as both Choco Mallow and Affogato blushed. "AND ALSO AFFOGATO WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MY FRIEND?!!?" "Caramel, calm down... Affogato is starting to be nice to me, just like what you said to me.. But I let him promise to be nice" Choco Mallow said as she saw a boba and got it. "Anyways Affogato, gotta go with a friend... bye!" Choco Mallow said as she leaves with Caramel. "So umm... I saw you two smiling together last time... I have a question about that... Are you guys officially.. In a relationship?" Caramel said as Choco Mallow turned red. "U-uh... WHAT?!?! NO OF COURSE... W-WHAT DO YOU MEAN ABOUT ME AND THAT AFFO IN A RELATION??" And then Caramel smirked. "Of course... If you and him are... boyfriend!" Caramel said as she laughed and Choco Mallow covered her face. They didn't know that someone was watching them... And its Affogato. Affogato becomes red as he hears everything about Caramel and Choco's conversation.

The boy with the hood last time came to his master, Dark Enchantress... "Master.. I failed last time... I tried escaping but someone stopped me ''''WHAT?!? IMPOSSIBLE.. Damn... let me think of new plans, but this time.... Very nice plan that they can't stop us..." Dark Enchantress said to the boy named Licorice. Ok back to Choco Mallow and her beloved friend, They drink the boba and then Dark Cacao runs to them. "MY DAUGHTER!?! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!" Dark Cacao said as he heard the news last time. Caramel interrupted. "My king, your daughter is safe and sound... She was saved by Affogato, that deceitful snake..." Caramel Arrow hissed as Dark Cacao was shocked that it's his first time to hear that Affogato has saved someone.. And it's the princess of the Dark Cacao Kingdom. "I'm glad that someone saved my daughter, even if it's not a watcher... It doesn't matter" Dark Cacao said as he called everyone for a celebration. "TO THE DINING TABLE PEOPLE, WATCHERS, AND EVERYONE INSIDE HERE!!!" Dark Cacao said in joy. Caramel Arrow sits next to Choco Mallow, but she got stressed the time she saw Affo sits next to Choco Mallow. "Affogato... You better be kind to the princess..." Caramel said to her mind as she wants to make sure that her 'best friend' is safe. And then they proceed to eat.

...

Dark Cacao was thinking of having another watcher in the kingdom. "Hmm... should I call her for training...?" Dark Cacao said as he called the girl. "Hello! I think you should go to the citadel so you can start your training as a watcher! Watch out for the Licorice Sea" He said, as the girl on the phone responded, "Alright! I'll come there as soon as possible, your Majesty!" The girl said as she ran fast. Choco Mallow saw his father talking to someone.. "There's a new watcher? That's nice.. I wonder what she looks like?" Choco Mallow said as Caramel Arrow hears the rumors. "New watcher?!?!?! Niceee!??!?! I cannot wait to be a mentor again!!!" Caramel Arrow shouted in joy as she hugged her friend. "Wait- You became a mentor before?" Choco Mallow suddenly asked. "Ohoho... Yes my friend! This is why I told you I'm an expert at training and you should not be afraid of acting like you're in a real battle!" "Oh.. I finally understand! Apologize for that. I just did that because I don't wanna harm you especially if you're 'younger' than me" Choco Mallow said as Caramel laughed... "Don't worry... And no need to apologize friend! I know what's a real harm and an accidental attack" And then they hangout once again. Affogato was about to talk to Choco Mallow but he saw that the princess was busy with someone. And he doesn't want to interrupt them nor Choco Mallow. Affogato instead mind his own business.... While thinking of...... her...

"Uhmm... Friend gotta go, I'm sorry, but I have to be very busy today and especially for the next few days!" Caramel said as Dark Cacao called her. "Caramel! Come here.. You will have a special student of yours!" As she hears it, she rushes to the main entrance of the door and she sees a girl with a black hair, just like hers, but pure black. Has long pigtails, black thick jacket, and white furry boots. "Ohayo! I'm here to become a watcher in this kingdom... Nice to meet you- uhm... What's your name again?" "I'm Caramel Arrow! It seems you have a very nice personality! But bravery and loyalty is what you needed aside from your kind one!" Caramel explained as she led the girl to the training room. "Oh anyways... before we start our training, may I know your name as well?" She said as the kind girl speaks. "I- i'm Tapioca Pearl!" The girl said as Caramel had a little shock reaction. "Alright Tapio, let us start our training with.... Yoga!" And then they trained, Meanwhile choco mallow watches them together... she felt sad because she's gonna miss talking with her. Affogato interrupted her. "Hi princess, why are you sad? Don't worry, I'm here!" Affogato said as Choco Mallow faced him. "Y-yes im... ok! It's just that... I'm gonna miss hanging out with her... But I have to let her be..." And then Choco Mallow and Affogato started to hang out, whenever Caramel is very busy teaching with Tapioca Pearl. Let's move on Tapioca's training. "I see... You can use an arrow but... you have to learn how to aim properly, I don't want you to cause danger" Caramel said to Tapioca as she looks at the arrow and grips it a little. "I didn't know being a Watcher is hard, but... I wanted to protect my family from danger.. I don't want them to die in front of my eyes..." She thought in her mind as Caramel suddenly interrupted. "A-are you alright Tapio?" Caramel said as Tapioca nodded. "I guess we should rest first hehe.." Tapioca said as Caramel was a little shocked. "Haha... I was about to say that!" Caramel said as she gave a boba to her student. "I have a question..." Tapio said as Caramel responded with a hum. "Can we be friends?" "Of course! There's no problem about that!" Then they start a very long conversation. Caramel was about to go talk to her friend but Tapioca interrupted it with a 'question'. While Choco Mallow was waiting for her friend because her friend told her that promise that she'll talk to her once their training is done. And then Affogato came. "So umm... Where's your friend? Is she still busy?" He said as Choco Mallow shakes her head. "Don't worry, I'm here! When Caramel is busy, I'll be here for you" And then they talked. "Tell me... I have an important question for you..." "What is it?" "Why are you here? And where did you come tho?" Affogato suddenly reacted very shocked. "I.... I came from... Damn.. Give me a minute" He said as he went away with his tears, and Choco Mallow noticed it so she quickly followed him, without Affogato knowing. Affogato stopped at the Altar of Bittersweet Rituals. Choco Mallow opens the door and she sits next to the sad Affogato. Affogato looked at Choco Mallow and got angry. "CHOCO MALLOW, GET OUT OF HERE... YOU'RE NOT GONNA BE SAFE IN THIS ROOM!?!?" Affogato shouted as he was still crying. Choco Mallow was shocked. "Tell me first?!? Why are you cryi-" "GET AWAY?!?! I JUST MENTIONED TO GIVE ME TIME... Please.... Just for a moment, leave me alone" He said as Choco Mallow became angry and got away. "Ok fine... My king.... I thought you were really kind... Good.. bye..." then Choco Mallow turns back and she feels angry and guilty inside.

Affogato's POV
I felt bad for Choco Mallow, aka my friend, for a few minutes... And now, she's mad at me. But I wanted some space for myself, for her to make me remember my dark past... I wanted to say sorry to her.... But I think she hates me again, just like what she does... I- it think I'm not a good person anymore... I feel I wanna be kind... Just like what she said... Why am I like this...? Should I tell her my deep past...? N-no... Do not tell her... This is... so hard... I don't know what to do...

A/N POV

Choco Mallow started to cry too, and while Affogato was having a hard decision... But suddenly he remembers something. So he immediately runs to Choco Mallow. "Hey! Choco Mallow! Princess, wait for me... I have something to tell!!! I'm sorry for the last time!!" "Hmph... Never... After you kicked me out of your way... No!" Affogato still didn't listen, he kept running until he was near her and he holds Choco Mallow's hand. "H-hey?!?! Stop!!! Don't hold my hand you-''''Listen to me... Promise..." "No... i just mentioned 'NO'''''Just... one more chance... please?" "No-" Choco Mallow suddenly stopped running and she sighed. "Fine... I forgive you..." Choco Mallow said as Affogato smiled. "Yay!!! We're friends again! I promise to be kind..." Affogato said as Choco Mallow is still stressed but she smiled anyway. "So umm... Tell me... Why did you cry last time?" "Uh... Uhm.. Because... M-my past" He said as he cried and Choco Mallow hugged him and wiped his tears. "Don't cry... Don't worry, your past is your past, you're in the present right now.. Forget about your past but- I wanna know it!" Choco Mallow said as Affogato led her to a private room where people didn't know and entered. "T-this place is so.... Empty" "Yes... And no one is allowed to enter in this but just us" Affogato said as they sat on a chair. Choco Mallow blushed at what Affogato mentioned 'only us'. "A-are you alright princess?" "Of course, yes! Why not?" Choco Mallow said as she faced Affogato. "So... Tell me about your past! We came here to discuss a private topic, right?" "Yes! Alright... I'll start to tell you!"