Chapter 5

Ned Leeds: Dude, what happened?

Peter Parker: I just had a fight with Doctor Strange and I totally won!

Ned Leeds: What?

Peter Parker: Look, and I stole his ring thing.

Peter Parker: I was swinging through the city, and then I went through this... takes off his mask massive mirror thing, and then I was back...

MJ: Where is he? Where is he?

Peter Parker: He's trapped, but... I'm not sure for how long.

Otto Octavius: You could've just left us to die. Why didn't you?

MJ: Because that's not who he is.

Peter Parker: I think I can help you guys. If I can fix what happened to you, then when you go back, things will be different and you might not die fighting Spider-Man.

Max Dillon: What do you mean, "fix us"?

Peter Parker: Look, our technology is advanced...

Norman Osborn: I can help you. smiling You know, I'm something of a scientist myself. nodding to Doc Ock Octavius knows what I can do.

Otto Octavius: Fix? You mean like a dog? I refus-

Y/n slap his arm

Y/n: Shut up Otto

Otto Octavius: Sorry y/n...

Peter Parker: I can't promise you guys anything, but at least this way, you actually get to go home and have a chance. A second chance. I mean, come on. Isn't that worth trying?

Curt Connors: Trust me, Peter... When you try to fix people, there are always consequences.

Peter Parker: I mean, you don't have to come. I also didn't know that you could talk.

Peter Parker: But if you stay here... you're gonna have to deal with the wizard.

Curt Connors: Ah, so, we go along, or die. Not much of a choice, is it?

Flint Marko: I just wanna go home.

Max Dillon: Well, I myself don't wanna be killed, especially by a guy dressed like Dungeons & Dragons, so... what's your plan?

Peter Parker: I have it all under control.

Peter Parker: What are we gonna do about this thing?

MJ: Well, we need to find somewhere safe for it, right?

Ned Leeds: Yeah. Yes. Yes.

Peter Parker: You got to take it.

MJ: Wait, what?

Peter Parker: If something bad happens, I'll text you, and then you just push this and then it's all over, and they'll all be gone.

MJ: We're going with you. We're not gonna leave you.

Peter Parker: You can't come with me. It's too dangerous. You guys have already done enough.

Ned Leeds: Peter, we're in this together.

Peter Parker: I know we're in this together, Ned, but I can't do this if I know that you're in danger. Okay? So for me, MJ, please just take this. Please.

MJ: Fine.

Peter Parker: Thank you.

MJ: But Peter, I swear, if I don't hear from you, I'm pressing the button.

Peter Parker: Sure.

MJ: Okay. [to all the villains] And I will do it!

Max Dillon: Yeah, we all believe you, Michelle.

Curt Connors: [amused, disbelieving] No way that's his girlfriend, no way.

Peter Parker: She'll do it.

Ned Leeds: Absolutely. She will.

Peter Parker: Okay.

Peter Parker: See you later.

Ned Leeds: Be safe.

Peter Parker: You too.

Ned Leeds: Whoa. Okay.

MJ: Be careful, okay?

Peter Parker: Yeah. You too.

Peter Parker: So, uh... Who's coming with me?

[Osborn seems to have made up his mind. He glances at Octavius, who in turns glances at Parker with annoyance, but also reluctant acceptance.]

Max Dillon: Well, I'm in. But, if this goes sideways... I'mma fry you from the inside out