four

Arabella

We got to the dock eventually. I waited with Kie and Pope while JJ and John B went to the coast guard to report the wreck.

"Well that went well." Pope said sarcastically.

"So, what's the plan?" JJ asked leaning his arm on my shoulder.

"Think i know how we're gonna find the guy who owns the boat." John B said waving the key around.

"No, we don't know whose room that is. It could be anyone." Pope yet again being the responsible one.

JJ snatched the key off of JB, "I'm in." He passed it to me smirking.

"Hell yeah." i replied tossing it over Popes shoulder to Kie.

"Come on. I'll be look out." She agreed, assuring Pope.

"Finders fee. Just sayin'." JB patted Popes chest as we all walked off back towards the boat. I linked arms with Kie, smiling as JJ took Shark leading  him to the boat. "And hey, at least you'll only be an accomplice!"

"Man."

"Come on bubba."

—————————————
JJ whistled, "I thought the château was bad."

"This place is a shitshow."

"Motel or meth lab?"

"Both, probably."

"Doesn't look like the type of place somebody with a Grady-White stays."

"No. It looks like a place someone with a Grady-White would get killed."

"Pope, what is with you and death?" I asked.

"Shh." He sushed me. Rude.

"All right, here we go. This is your captain speaking. HMS pouge comin' in for landing." JJ said, radioing again. "Whoo!" He jumped off the boat tying it down.

"We good?" John B asked.

"Yeah, we good. You coming Belle?" JJ asked.

"Yup! Here goes nothin'." I replied smiling, Making sure Sharks good with Kie and Pope. Taking JJs hand to get off the boat.

"Hey," JB was interrupted by Pope, "Don't let them do anything stupid."

"Oh we will." We smiled at them.

"I'm not making any promises." JB replied.

Pope gave up, "Yeah I know."

John B turned to Kie who looked very worried, "Be careful." She passed him the keys. "I mean it."

He just smiles climbing out the boat tapping me and J on the shoulder, "Lets go."

Me and JJ look at each other highly amused.

"Why are all these mattresses out here?" JB asked looking around at the motel. This place is a complete wreck.

"After a hurricane, they ditch 'em cause they're moldy." JJ said.