Normal

Billy

"Why are you so late?" Max demands. slumping into the passenger seat.

My leg bounces as I grasp for a believable lie. "I was just with—"

"Don't tell me you, ugly ass whore! You think I wanna hear about how your night sleeping around was?"

"What the hell, Max?!" She's right, but she has no right to say it. "Why did you ask, if you were gonna be a bitchass about it?"

She throws up her arms, exasperated. "I never asked what ho's bed you woke up in. I asked why you were late."

"We're here. Get out."

She kicks open the door. Little melodramatic of you, Max.

"And Max," I say, before she closes the door, "you're welcome that I'm here to drive you at all. With a sister like you, any sane person would've killed themselves by now."

She flips me the bird.

~~~

"Hey, Billy, where'd ya run off to last night?"

"Hmm?" I'm snapped out of my thoughts by a flirty smile.

"You promised me a good time in bed," she says with a wink. I swear I have never met this girl in my life.

"You sure? I don't know how I could have forgotten a pretty little thing like you." The words come to me like muscle memory. Ingenuine, but they sure as hell sound real.

"Well, you could always make up for flaking out on me." I am so not interested right now. All I can think about is—nope. Don't think about it.

I'm straight. The whole thing this morning was a drunken accident and will never happen again.

I flash the girl a smile. "Well, I'm free tonight... but I'm also free right now."