005. safe house

chapter five

📍safe house

Juliette had exited the quinjet with the warm blanket no longer wrapped around her body as it was hotter where they had landed.

She strolled along behind the Avengers towards the familiar house she had been to before, Thor deliberately slowed down to match the pace of his younger friend.

Juliette had caught on to what he did and sent a small but grateful smile.

In front, Clint was holding up Natasha, who was bruised, behind them Steve and Tony stood one behind each other, and finally Thor and Juliette were next to each other further away.

When they had finally reached the steps, Thor looked over at the sad girl and spoke.

"What is this place," Thor whispered to Juliette while tripping up the steps to face her, before the girl could reply, Tony turned around to answer his question, "A safe house?" He guessed shrugging.

"let's hope," Clint responded holding Natasha's shoulder and opening the door.

They walked inside one by one before Steve stopped by the door and moved away so the young girl could go in first, she shot Steve a sad smile and walked into the familiar house.

"Honey?" Clint called as they walked into the living room, "I'm home." Barton's heavily pregnant wife, Laura, walks in from the kitchen looking confused at the company he had brought along.

Steve, Thor, Tony, and Bruce were all shooting each other with confused looks, "Hi. Company. Sorry, I didn't call ahead." Barton spoke Before leaning to kiss his wife.

Juliette and Natasha stood in the further corner of the living room, Juliette was currently holding the older woman's hand still panicked about what had happened earlier that day.

"This is an agent of some kind," Tony mumbled to Thor, he had never seen Clint with a girlfriend, never mind a wife.

Clint held the pregnant woman in his arms, "Gentleman, this is Laura." He introduced them to the team, Laura just smiled excitedly at them giving them a small wave, "I know all your names." she chuckled awkwardly.

Juliette could hear the loud footsteps coming down the stairs and a genuine smile plastered her face, "Ohh, incoming." Clint laughed as he walked towards the door picking up his daughter Lila, "Dad!"

"Hi sweetheart!," Kissing his daughter's head then leaning down to do the same to his son Cooper. "Hey, buddy! How are you guys doing?"

Tony looked around puzzled at what was going on, "These are. smaller agents."

"Did you bring Auntie Nat?" Lila asks softly to her dad. Natasha began walking towards the little girl, "Why don't you hug her and find out." She grinned picking the girl up and hugging her.

Juliette walked over to where Laura was and hugged her like she had many times before, "You okay, honey." The older woman muttered in her ear. "I don't know."

Juliette didn't know how she felt, the sad emotion had passed and now she just felt numb. She had last seen the family last week as she was injured she saw them a lot more.

Steve stepped forward, "Sorry for barging in on you." He apologized before Tony butted in sarcastically.

"Yeah, We would have called ahead, But we were busy having no idea you existed." He spoke bitterly. Bruce next to him just looked tired and was ready for bed.

Clint had his arm around Laura, who was side-hugging Juliette, and Cooper, "Yeah, well, Fury helped me set this up when I joined. He kept it off Shields files. I'd like to keep it that way."