002. party fight

chapter two

📍 party

Juliette had decided on going to the party after all and currently was standing with Maria, Rhodey, Thor, and Stark.

"But, you know, the suit can take the weight, right?" Rhodey spoke as he grabbed his drink from the bar, "So I take the tank, fly it right up to the general's palace, drop it at his feet. I'm like, 'Boom. you looking for this?'"

He smiles at his story as Juliette and the rest of them stare listening for more of the story. Rhodey clears his voice and speaks again more powerfully.

"Boom. Are you looking for—"  He looks around at the group annoyed, "Why do I even talk to you guys." He complained.

"Everywhere else that story kills."

Juliette looked at him puzzled before patting his shoulder comforting him from embarrassment, "It's a very good story James." She assured with a questionable smile.

Thor spoke before the man could respond with a baffled look on his face, "That's the whole story?" he asked, Juliette elbowed him in the ribs before he could add to his words.

Rhodey looked at Thor hurt and confused, "Yeah, It's a War Machine story." he spoke shrugging his shoulders as Tony sipped on his drink in amusement.

Thor attempted to save whatever he had said for the 10th time today, "Oh, It's very good then." He spoke unconvincingly, Juliette by this point was covering her giggles with her bare arm pushing her head in Thor's arm.

Rhodey nodded his head convinced as Thor dug himself deeper again, "It's Impressive." he laughed. Rhodey just rolled his eyes at the laughing pair, "Quality save."

"So, no Pepper? She's not coming?" He spoke towards Stark who was sipping on his wine. "No," he mumbled shaking his head.

Maria looked over to Thor, "What about Jane?" she added on to Rhodey's question.

"What about you Juliette is there a special person in your life?" Before she could answer All three of the men answered for her, "No." Juliette opened her mouth in shock looking around the group.

"What why not," she asked crossing her arms.

Tony looked at her with a mocking smile, "just no." he said rubbing her arm.

Maria diverted the conversation before the girl could get nagged at, "Where are the ladies gentlemen?" she spoke looking around the group and placing her glass back on the bar.

"Well, Miss Potts has a company to run," Tony spoke proudly about his lover.

Thor quickly reacted to this brag, " Yes, I'm not even sure what country Jane's in." he spoke taunting Tony, "Her work on the Convergence has made her the world's foremost astronomer." Thor spoke trying to up-do Stark.

By this point, Juliette had, had enough of their argument and began walking off towards Barton who was drinking on his own as Dr Cho went off to find Thor.

"Hey old man how you holding up." she teased as she sat next to him on the higher chairs. "Good as I can kid." He shot back looking over at the young girl.

"Hey I am not a kid," she argued pushing his shoulder slightly before picking up the drink she had grabbed on the way there.

Clint quickly grabbed the drink out of her hand before she could take a sip. "you may not be a kid but you're still too young to drink." He nagged like an overbearing parent.

She rolled her eyes pouting, "You never let me have any fun!" She crossed her arms sulking.

"last time I did you ended up breaking your arm," Clint complained. Juliette had broken her arm on her first big mission around 7 weeks ago. She had accidentally fallen off a building while trying to flirt with another agent. Safe to say she didn't get the date.