Winters Is Coming

(I thought this fanart was too cute to pass up. Also, a lot of this chapter is with Donna, so I thought it was fitting. By the way, any text that looks like this is Donna/Angie talking telepathically. Also, I changed the story a little bit, so the part where Heisenberg captures Ethan and brings him to the meeting doesn't occur.)

Three Weeks Later, Alyssa PoV:

                       I looked out the window, absentmindedly cleaning my sniper rifle, watching the rain drip down. I sighed, adjusting the scope on my rifle, until I felt a small weight hug my leg. I looked down to see Angie, a smile in her eyes. I picked up the doll, placing her on my shoulder like a parrot. Ever since I had gotten here, she had been attached to me, pestering me with questions about my job, my weapons, and my life. I didn't realize that Donna was an old friend of Dahlia's, so Angie knew a small amount about me. She began her usual stampede of questions, and I held up my finger, shushing her. She pouted, but I had established a rule with her: One question per day, and I promised to make the answer very interesting. She pondered for a moment, before selecting one.

                          "Would try to you kill us after this is over?" She asked, a somber tone in her voice. I recoiled in surprise at the question, before answering

                          "I... Angie, are you scared that I'd hunt you and Donna?" I asked softly, and she nodded, causing my heart to shatter. I lifted the doll off my shoulder, and gave her a tight hug. She hugged me back, and laid her wooden head on my shoulder.

                          "Angie, I promise, I won't hurt either of you. I am a monster hunter, this is true, but you two are not monsters. I'm here to protect you from a monster I used to call 'Brother', not hunt down a sweet, shy woman and a very loud and amusing doll." I smiled at her softly, and she nodded at me, the smile reflected in her eyes. She leapt out of my arms, before sprinting around a corner and down a hallway. I smiled as I heard her giggles echo out, before going back to cleaning my rifle. I just sat there, cleaning in deep thought, until a grey tinged hand settled on my arm. I jumped, but calmed down when I saw that it was Donna.

                          "Hello Donna." I smiled at the veiled Lord, and she squeezed my arm, which I had figured out was the equivalent of a warm hug from her. She set a plate of food in front of me, and I raised an eyebrow at her. 

                          "Thank you for the food, but why?" I asked, and Angie popped out of nowhere, just like I assumed she would.

                          "You've been sitting there for six hours straight, dummy! Donna got worried about you, since she has fee-" Angie was interrupted by Donna frantically clapping a hand over her mouth. I raised my eyebrow a little higher, but smiled none the less.

                          "Well, thank you very much, Donna. I hadn't even realized how much time had passed. You're welcome to join me." I gestured to the couch cushion next to me, and I saw her posture straighten slightly. She nodded, before disappearing off into another room with a struggling Angie. I heard light squealing from the other room, which caused me to re-raise my eyebrow, but I shrugged it off and began to eat. Donna came back into the room, holding a book in her hand. She sat down next to me, as I finished off my meal. She looked at me in surprise, and glanced at the empty plate, to which I gave her a sheepish smile.

                         "I like food." My face turned red with embarrassment, and I heard a noise I never though I'd hear: A small giggle from Donna. I smiled widely at her, before standing up to bring the plate down to the kitchen, only for a doll to whiz by and grab it from me. I looked at Donna in surprise, but she simply shrugged and patted the couch next to her. I sat back down, pulling out my revolver to clean that rather than the rifle, which was clean as a whistle already. As I cleaned, I noticed Donna glancing at me. Well, I noticed her veil tilt in my direction, so I assumed she was looking at me. I finished cleaning my revolver after about thirty minutes, before slipping it back into my jacket and leaning back. I closed my eyes, and without meaning to, slipped off into the world of dreams.