Chapter Eleven~ I Miss You

P E Y T O N

It wasn't Jason behind me, it was Jaz and her little group. She sneered at me viciously.

"What can I do for you Jaz?" I ask sarcastically.

"How's life without happiness?"

"I heard it's loads of fun." She said smirking. I tried to bite my tongue but there was so much anger building.

"Anyway I just wanted to check in, how's Jason?" Jaz says feigning interest in her mails.

"You really want to know Jaz?" She looked up surprised at my tone.

"It sucks, but if your really concerned you can have it all my empire of dirt when I destroy everything you've ever cared about."

"Then you'll understand." I seethed before slamming my fist into her nose. Jaz started shrieking as I slammed my locker shut and walked away. The hallway was silent around me, everyone gawking. I walked past my brothers, Luke, Taylor, and Jason who looked just as shocked as everyone else. My face screwed up in a look that made people hurry out of my way in fear.

Chase and Andrew found me leaning against the car as I waited for them. My arms crossed and my face blank. Neither said anything on the drive home a wise choice.

"I'm going for a run, I'll be back in an hour." I stated once I'd changed into better clothes. Chase nodded and shot a look at Andrew. Anger fueled me and I ran harder. Eventually I found myself at that field Jason took me to. Wild flowers bloomed everywhere, it was spring now. I hadn't realized this much time had passed already; some of that anger cleared the fog.

"You seem to appear everywhere I go today." I tilt my head back to look at Jason. Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

"Nice punch by the way." A vicious smile spread across my lips at that.

"She had it coming."

"Indeed. I'm sorry." He whispered again.

"Do you understand how much it hurt to see that?"

"How much pain I've been in the past six months? Well let me tell you. It fucking hurt, eventually I went numb and was— am a shell of who I was. I loved you Jason and you trampled my heart into the ground like I was something stuck to you shoe." I yelled at him, all the anger freeing itself finally. I started waking away but he grabbed my wrist.

Jason pulled me into him pressing his lips to mine. I shoved him back and glared before continuing to walk away.

"God damn it Peyton I'm in love with you!" He yelled back. I froze mid step.

"What?" I breathed turning to look at him. My heart thudded against my rib cage.

"I said I'm in love with you. I've always been. Peyton it's always been you since we were kids." Jason whispered. Tears started falling and I didn't notice till he wiped one away. That was all it took for me collapse into a heap on the ground. All that pain that was buried came rushing out. Jason pulled me into his chest and just let me cry and pound my fists against him.

I didn't know how long we'd been there but at some point my sobs turned into sniffles.

"Come on beautiful let's get you home." Jason didn't let me stand he just scoped me up in his arms.

"I forgive you but it's going to take me some time."

"That's fine, I don't mind waiting. I have been for a very long time what's a couple more months." I choked out a laugh. Jason looked down at me and smiled softly.