\SEVEN\

I stood up from my chair in shock, stumbling while doing so.

I shake my head in disbelief.

This isn't possible. It can't be. Such things don't exist. I thought to myself.

"You're being mendacious!" I scream.

"I knew you would react this way. That is why I chose a specific moment to tell you this. I knew you wouldn't believe me." He says in a serene tone.

"Well, obviously! How in the world did you expect me to react? What did you expect me to say. Things like teleportation and time traveling don't exist." I say quickly.

"Edward, sit down, please. I know this all sounds very crazy but you have to believe me." He says.

I huff and sit back down.

"I'm sorry. I- I just, I don't know what to say, what to think. This all sounds so ridiculous." I put my head in my hands.

"And I don't expect you to say or think anything right now. I know this sounds unbelievable, totally crazy. Everyone I knew thought so as well. I'll give you time to think. To consider joining me in this, so we can, together, prove the world wrong." He smiles.

I nod, "I'm just going to lay down for a while."

And I walk back to my room.

-

It had been 2 days since Mr. Davis had told me about his little secret.

He's a nice man and I really respect him and don't want to hurt him.

I sit up on the bed and rub my hands on my face.

I take a deep breath and stand up, walking towards Mr. Davis's study room.

I knock on his door and he asks me to come in.

I open the door and see him doing some paper work.

"Sir." I say.

"Ah, Edward. How are you?" He asks me, taking off his glasses.

"Alright." I say, looking down at my feet.

"Is everything okay?" He asks me, concern on his face.

"It's just.. I-" I run a hand through my hair.

He gives me a nod asking me to go on.

"Yes. I will." I close my eyes.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He says, confused

"I'll do it. I'll work with you. Join you so that together," I motion towards him then back to me, "we can create something magnificent." I smile.

He smiles and then stands up, walking towards me. He hugs me then, holds me by the shoulders, "Well then, what are we waiting for? Let's get to work."

-

"So the first thing we're going to do is discuss a few things." Mr. Davis says.

We had moved all the furniture from the room that I was staying in so that we could have a larger space.

"The plan is to meditate and through meditation is how you're going to focus on a specific time you want to travel to or teleport to," He sets a large cushion on the floor, "We're going to start off easy. Instead of focusing on an era or place you want to teleport to. You're going to focus on an object. Alright?"

"Alright. But how is meditation going to help focus on a particular object?" I ask.

"I'll tell you. Now first sit down on that cushion," I sit down, not knowing where this was leading. "Now cross your legs and place your hands on your knees."

I do as he says.

"Relax your shoulders and arms but keep your spine straight." I follow his instructions.

"One thing you ought to know about meditation is the time. Meditation isn't merely about length but it's about the frequency. You need to know that you have to practice several days until you get the hang of it." His voice echos in the quiet room.

I nod.

"Know that while meditating your emotions will be heightened. So be cautious of that. The most important thing about meditation is your breathing. Don't try to "calm your mind" instead appreciate the sensations of your breath. If your mind starts to wander, immediately return back to the sensations of your breath." He says.

"I didn't fully quite understand that." I say in confusion.

"Don't worry, son. You'll understand that once you start practicing it."

I nod again.

He places an oil lamp a few inches in front of me.

"This is the object you're going to focus on and try moving. It's going to be a little difficult in the first try, but you have to keep trying, got it?" He says.

"Okay I'll try my best." I say, swallowing.

"Alright now, close your eyes and take a deep breath." He says.

I do as he says and close my eyes, taking a deep breath.

"Focus on the object. The only thing that should be on your mind is the oil lamp. Block out any unnecessary thoughts." He says quietly.

I try my best to focus on the object. Trying my best to not think of anything else.

But it was impossible. Everytime I thought I had removed any thoughts from my head and was only focusing on the object. My mind began to wander.

"I- I can't do it. It won't budge." I say, struggling.

"Yes you can, Edward," He encourages me. "Think only of the object. Try thinking of it moving. Come on, you can do it!"

I close my eyes even

tighter this time. I try so hard to think of the object, to try moving it with full concentration.

I hear Mr. Davis uplifting me, supporting me, being there for me.

And just like Mr. Davis was encouraging me, he stopped abruptly.

Silence filled the room like intoxicated gas.

I didn't open my eyes but I called out to Mr. Davis.

"Sir," My voice echoed in the still room. "Sir, is everything alright?"

I got nervous and realized I had to open my eyes and so I did.

But when I did open my eyes I didn't see what I thought I'd see.

There he was, Mr. Davis standing there looking at the object, smiling like crazy.

I looked at the object as well, releasing a breath I didn't know I was holding in.

I looked back to Mr. Davis, "What happened? Why are you smiling when you should be furious at me? I didn't do it. So then what's there to be so happy about?"

Mr. Davis was shaking his head before I was even done, the same grin and excitement on his face, "Edward! Edward, my buddy! It worked! You did not see it because your eyes were shut but I did."

He paces the room, laughing, "I saw it with my very own eyes. We've done it. You've done it, son!"

A/N: HELLLO PEOPLE! So sorry for not updating recently! Life's been a little busy! But I'm back now, and I'm going to update more often! Hope you all are doing well and hope you all enjoy this chapter, and if you do then please make sure to vote, comment and share! See you guys in the next chapter!