Chapter 10: Apologies (Part 1)

At the tree of golden apples

It's been a few hours since Dream saw his brother for the first time in 500 years. Ink had left for the doodle sphere but Dream was still wiping, 500 years of guilt, blame and sorrow over his brother that wasn't dead like he had believed. Dream needed to apologies, he had wish for 500 years to do it and never thought he would be able to. Nightmare reaction resonated in his skull, he was still furious and Dream knew it. How to apologies to someone who threaten you? How to apologies to someone who still hates you after 500 years ? 

He couldn't ask Ink, he was soulless and drinks paint to feel an ounce of emotion, how would he understand ? Dream didn't really know anyone of trust, he had just started leaving the tree since he could make a shield around the tree and because he wasn't the only one looking after it anymore. Maybe he could ask Blue ? But was it a good idea ? He had been distant with him, the worst part about being immortal is watching your friends die. Maybe he should try anymay, what more could he lose ? Dream whipped his tears, teleported to Underswap and knocked on the door.

Blue heard knocks on the front door, "Who's knowking this late at night ?" he opened the door to find Dream, his knew friend but he looked like he had been crying. 

Blue : "Dream ? What are you doing here this late ? Have you been crying ?"

Dream : "Hey... I know it's a bit sudden. But I need your help. I'm not sure you can help but-"

Blue : "If you need to talk, I'm here and if I can help you it's even better. Come in."

Dream smiled a little, maybe it was a good idea after all. He came in, Blue guided him to the cough and sat him down than went to the kitchen to make tea. He served a cup to Dream and made one for himself.

Blue : "What got the guardian of positive emotions so down this evening ?"

Dream : "This morning, Ink took me to Ccino café and... he got in a small conflict with some guy name Cross and his boss intervened and even threaten Ink but I-I knew that voice..." Dream posed fighting back tears,

Blue : "It's ok, take your time." he reasured. Dream took a sip of tea to calm himself.

Dream : "I recognize that guy... I couldn't believe it at first but... it was my brother." tears started falling down his cheeks. 

Blue was shocked "Y-you mean. You're dead brother ? But how is it possible ?"

Dream started bowling his eyes out "I don't know ! He's still so mad at me ! It's my fault !" Blue hugged his crying friend trying to sooth him, when Dream finally calm down. Blue spoke.

Blue : "It's going to be ok."

Dream : "No it's not ! He hates me so much he threatened me for Mother sake !" Blue broke the hug and held Dreams hands,

Blue : "Ok. Why would he hate you ?"

Dream : "I said something I shouldn't have." Blue waited for him to continue, "When he was recovering he killed two of my friends, I confronted him, he confessed and plead self-defence. He even said that everyone hated him, that they wanted him dead !"

Blue : "Was it true ? Did they want him dead ?"

Dream : "No ! They were my friends and good people !"

Blue : "I believe you but what if he was telling the truth ? What if he was just defending himself ? What if they were horrible to him behind your back ?"

Dream : "Why would they hate him in the first place ?"

Blue : "I don't know. Since we move to the surface, I observed lots of humans being horrible to each other or us for just breathing the same air. People don't need a reason to be horrible , they just are. I learned that the hard way."