Chapter 11: Mother

Dream went back to the tree with apprehension, his emotions shut off as he remembered Nightmares blue eye, the black goo going down his eyes, cracks and scars. She had warned him but he didn't listened and now it was to late. The sound of footsteps on the grass echoed in the empty valley. Dream knew what to do. He knew it was the right thing to do, he wanted to believe there was another way but he was stuck and lying wasn't an option with her.

"Dream, my darling. Why so emotionless?" her voice was sweet and full of kindness,

"Mother, I found Nightmare." Dream eyes were uncharacteristically white, his voice monotone as if any sign of life was gone.

"I imagine this is why you didn't come back last night." she said harshly,

"Yes." he answered,

She took Dream bloody hand and examined it. "Why so much blood on you're hand my child?"

Dream took a deep breath "Yesterday morning, when Ink took me to that café. Nightmare was there. He was alive, he's even taller than me now. He threatened me to not approached his 'subordinates' or he would deal with me."

"Dream. I'm glad you finally found your brother." she said sweetly "But that doesn't answer my question." she continued with a harsher tone.

"I spend the night with a friend, so I could find a way to mend things with Nightmare. I found him in OuterTale and apologies but he didn't want to hear anything from me. I try to give him his old crown, but he got so angry and I was so scared that... I accidently gauge his right eye out." his voice shock as he remembered. Dream closed his eyes waiting for his Mother anger, but she hugged him instead.

"It's ok my little angel, you were just scared. Your brother was angry for no reason." Dream eyes regain there yellow colour, he couldn't shut down his emotions anymore.

"I still shouldn't have push the issue. Right?"

"Maybe, but pushing the issue was no reason for him to get angry, it's not your fault." They kelped hugging for a while until his Mother spoke again, "I feel there is something else you need to tell me."

Dream stayed silent for a few seconds "There was black goo or whatever that was dripping down his eyes, cracks and scars..."

Mother broke apart from the hug and took her sons face in her hands. "Don't worry my child, I will take car of this."

Nightmare was agitated, he felt like something horrible was going to happened, he tried to bury the feeling but it wouldn't go away. He knew getting use to having only one eye wasn't going to be easy, but he hated how the others were constantly trying to get involved or worry about him. Nightmare hated it, unlike him they were mortals, they would die and like always he would be left alone. Error was the only one he wasn't afraid to get close to, they never turn against eachother in 300 years, sometimes he felt like he had more in common ith Error than his own brother. 

Nightmare teleported to the Anti-Void to clear his head and maybe rant a bit. He looked up to see Error franticly speaking on the phone, hanging from his strings, upon seeing Nightmare he quickly hang up and came down.

'That's new.' Nightmare thought.

"What's going on buddy?" Error asked rapidly,

"Nothing much just getting my mind off of things." Nightmare replied,

Error had suddenly a look of guilt in his eyes, witch was uncharacterist of him, "Hey man, listened. I'm sorry for provoking you yesterday."

Nightmare shrugged "Don't sweat it Error, I shouldn't have taken it personally and shout at you."