BUT WHAT IF

NOVEMBER 6TH, 2038

12:41 AM

(Y/n) stood behind the double seeing mirror standing behind, Detective Connor Anderson and Detective Gavin Reed, the light where dim and the blue on her cyberlife jacket stood out like a sore thumb in the grey washed room. Hank had been in the investigation room what left like forever grilling the deviant, he remained silent his LED still a angry vibrant red never changing. "why'd you kill him?" silence again. "What happened before you took the knife?" Hank asked the questions over again like he did before. Reed seemed to sway on his feet getting anxious he just wanted to get in there and make that deviant confess the hard way, he'd never been the biggest fan of androids, even worse than Hank some may say. Connor stood contempt watching his father question the android. (Y/n) watched the deviant, his stress levels where too low he was never going to talk if this carried on. He could even self-destruct. Not in a kaboom kinda way, in a more destroying himself kina way. "How long where you in the attic?" Hank asked. "Why didn't you even try to run away?" Hank snapped his fingers Infront of the android's face trying to get any reaction out. Nada, it remined still. Hank looked at the viewing glass and then back to the android, quickly slammed his hands on the table and shouted, "SAY SOMETHING GODDAMNIT!" Hank stood letting out a small laugh shaking his head. "Fuck it I'm outta here." Hank walked out and into the observation room, he stormed in and Connors eyes immediately fixed on him so did (Y/n)'s. Gavin's didn't instead they continued to stare daggers with is eyes. "We're wasting' our time interrogating a machine, we're getting' nothing out of it!" He sat down.

Gavin stood against the wall arms crossed " 'Could always try roughing it up a little. After all, it's not human" he paused glaring at (Y/n). she cleared her throat although there was no need to she felt the room become awfully quiet.

"Androids don't feel pain. You would only damage it and that wouldn't make it talk." That was the second time Connor had heard (Y/n) talk about androids as if they were objects, it made him narrow his eyes and let out a quiet almost inaudible wince. "Deviants also have a tendency to self-destruct when they're in stressful situations." (Y/n) said to Detective Reed.

Gavin pushed off the wall and got up in (Y/n)'s face, Connor took a few steeps towards then an instinct to protect the only women in a room full of men. Especially a verbally aggressive one like Gavin. "Okay, smartass. What should we do then?"

"I could try questioning it." She turned to Gavin fearless. He just laughed and backed away.

"What do we have to lose? Go ahead, suspect's all yours." Hank granted her the privilege to integrate the android. She walked up the door and placed her hand on the scanner, her synthetic skin faded away and turned her hand a pure white. (Y/n) walked in and analysed the file, turning back to look into the two-way mirror.

"What the fuck is it doing now?" Hank asked.

"I don't know, maybe its dumb" Gavin said.

"She's seeing if androids can see through a two-way mirror" Connor said. (Y/n) then turned back and sat down and looked at the android. Scanning it. All of its injury's and state of mind. 

PROCESSING LED

SIGNS OF SOFTWARE INSTABILLITY

PROBABILLITY OF SELF-DESTRUCTION : LOW

(Y/n) slid the photos over to the android and said "You recognize him? It's Carlos Ortiz. Stabbed, 28 times." She moved the pictures to the next page "That was written on the wall in his blood"

LEVEL OF STRESS 39% TOO LOW

"I detect an instability in your program. It can trigger an unpleasant feeling, like fear in humans." She studied the android tilting her head. It remained silent like it did with Hank head lowered to look at the table. "You're accused of murder. You know you're not allowed to endanger human life under any circumstances. Do you have anything to say in your defence?" again he said nothing. "You don't seem to understand the situation. You killed a human. They'll tear you apart if you don't say something." (Y/n) tilted her head again. Her last option was to take the confession out of its memory. "If you won't talk, I'm going to have to probe your memory."