Mature Maknae

Summary: Chan is pushed at the airport by a rude fan then starts to feel insecure about having a more mature personality for a maknae, making him start to doubt his place in Seventeen as the maknae. He is then later cornered in a room by Wonwoo about his behavior these past few days and not going to get out till he finally admits what's bothering him.
_________________________________________________________

Being mature had always been something Chan has been since he was young.

Whether it be from having been raised this way or having it because he has so many immature hyungs to worry about, he doesn't know. But whatever the reason it had always felt like a sort of burden from time to time. I mean there's nothing wrong with having a personality that way, nothing at all, but sometimes it does kind of make people think you're less fun or a stick in the mud when everyone else is partying or having fun and you're not.

Though it is nice to be considered trustworthy and reliable to a lot of his hyungs, and some adults, it also came as rather something to be veiwed as bad when people expect the maknae of the group to be happy and childish. People always wanting the maknae to have a sunshine happy attitude in the group with all their other members. Not that there wasn't groups like that, with more childish antics, but Chan just never had that type of personality or better yet mentality of that kind of maknae.

Yes Seventeen's youngest had been the maknae since the young age of sixteen, and yes he loved being it more then anything else it the world, but not everyone else always had those thoughts.

Chan had heard from time to time that a maknae should be happy, bright, somewhat mischievous and cute, never a more quieter dedicated person that shoulders responsibility since their debut.

This issue became something Chan started to hate to talk about after multiple mentions of it on social media about it in some videos, never understanding why everyone had certain stereo types that Kpop groups should have.

One day this whole thing became a nightmare for Chan because of of him being the maknae with this type of personality. It then somehow escalate to a point of something the young boy never thought it could bring to him or his group, violence and physical confrontation.

It had all started when Seventeen was at the airport just getting back to Korean after touring, and a massive group of fans were there wanting to greet them and welcome them back.

Well almost all of them, a few fans had other plans to attack the group while they were getting to their vans.

Chan being at the back of the group somehow, earlier managing to drop his sunglasses on the plane and having to hang back to find them. After he did Chan all but ran to catch up with his hyungs who were already almost at the front of the airport. All twelve of them speed walking to avoid the huge crowds around the terminals.

Why I have to lose the pair of sunglasses I actually really liked? The young boy questioned as he saw his hyungs just up ahead, a lot of the bodyguards spreed around the older boys. The said sunglasses now on his face with his matching face mask as jogged down the large hallway.

Just as Seventeen's youngest was going to get into the enter circle with the rest of his hyungs someone grabbed him by the arm and shoved him hard to the floor, taking the boy by completely surprise.

Chan let out a little yelp as he landed hard on his side, anticipating there is going to be a bruise there later, it also managing to make the boy's sunglasses to fall off his face.

Still a certain degree of disoriented Seventeen's youngest showed almost no mind to the person now coming up to him with a crazy menacing look in her eye, after all he was only trying to stand up and get to his feet to leave the airport.