Rise and Fall

Zephyranth was greatly suspicious of this 'Checkerface' and her instincts told her that this was some kind of trap, but Checkerface did not say she was to show up as Zephyranth, and she was not going to show up as Lilianthe or Azrail.

So she'll settle as Skull.
-----------
Skull, keeping his helmet on and making sure his Sky flames were covered by the Cloud Flames, he kept his charade of being the 'Weakest Arcobaleno', though that didn't mean he couldn't mess with the others or help on occasion.

Before Reborn could ask his 'Lackey' to get him something it was already in his hand as Skull passed him.

Before Colonello could jump a surprise attack on the Cloud, Skull would let Lal by first, resulting in Lal giving her student a beat down.

Before Viper would fully assess how much money they've obtained, Skull would discreetly add a few thousand on the table for them along with a good gallon of strawberry milk after a tough day.

Before Verde thought that he would be finished with a project, when he got distracted by something else, Skull would see something wrong and discreetly use magic to make a correction in Verde's handwriting for him to see and wonder how he missed that.

Then there were the few slip ups.

Lal and Fon headed over to the training room to see Skull contorting himself as he breathed slowly.
And another time, he was practicing with knives and he got bullseye on a practice dummy for the eye, the heart and a knee.

The instructor and the martial artist were surprised of this but Skull always said, "How many times do I have to tell you I was trained by a circus Troup? Plus some were runaway mafiaso."

However, Skull kept a certain distance from Luce with good reason. She seemed too sweet, too promising, too quick to command peace in the house.

It shocked Skull that the others quickly sought to forge a bond with the pregnant woman. Which raised questions for Skull. Why was a pregnant sky here without Guardians prior to this? It seemed she knew more than she was letting on.

It felt too much like when Skull unknowingly let himself be guided by Dumbledore before his death. But unlike Luce, he admitted he had faults, he tried to help Skull the best he could to prepare against Tom as he was the 'hero' of the First Wizarding War. But compared to Skull, he probably had it worse, considering Grindlewald was his friend at one point and they both had to bear the guilt of having a duel that unintentionally caused the death of Dumbledore's sister when she tried to stop them. Even now no one knew who casted the spell that killed her.

For now, Skull maintained a distance from the others, considering they were dangerous individuals, when in truth, Skull was the most dangerous.

They just didn't know it.

Luce, however, knew but understood why Skull was keeping a distance. The others argue its Cloud behavior, but Luce knew he was observant. That her promises were too good to be true.

She wished that she could change this fate because she didn't want to burden her unborn daughter with the same fate as her predecessors, but as both her and Skull knew, awful things happen to those who meddled with time thus something worse could happen.

---------------------
Although Skull knew it was a matter of time before Luce betrayed them, he could tell from the look on her face it wasn't intentional.

It was the look of an unwilling victim.

He had seen that look on Malfoy's face during the war, but he did it to protect his family.

If it was possible Luce was blackmailed, then it makes sense why she agreed to this even if it resulted in the newly made Arcobaleno hating her.

Although Skull was bitter from being tricked, he did not fully blame Luce.

If he was right, Checkerface was the one to blame.
----------------
Over the next few days, Skull or Zephyranth arranged for her glamor forms to either hide in the shadows as phantoms plaguing the corrupt overlords of the Mafia like Azrail, or announcing retirement like Lilianthe in order to spend more time with remaining family members.

Zephyranth would only operate from her Manor only for a select few to know of her new condition in Secrecy.

As for Skull, he found himself helping a new rising Mafia family.

The Calcassa was originally a clan that hid in Secrecy as they were a clan of vampires. Then all of a sudden, many of them gained access to flames and Skull decided to help them in controlling their flames. The son of their current lord had Sky flames so he would learn to be the first Calcassa boss.

Skull provided them suits which shielded them from sunlight as well as helmets.

Then he received a letter that the first Arcobaleno meeting would take place in two weeks.
--------------
Plz comment