06 - Refresh

🩸𝒫𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓈𝑒 𝒱𝓉𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒞𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉 🩸

Kaia

It's been a week since my mom left, and now it's the second week of school. I wish I could say I was prepared, but that is far from the case.

Having been out of school for a year, I forgot the key principles I needed to stay on top of my work.

I ended up registering myself for a three-day tutorial class that starts tomorrow.

"Hey!" I greet Dalilah with a smile as I walk into Café Med.

It's still not my place, but she's not the biggest Le Fleuve fan either.

Café Le Fleuve consists of three levels. The first level is by far my favourite.

From the moment you walk in you are greeted by the sweet aroma of freshly baked goods vs. Café Med is the smell of freshly brewed coffee beans and leather.

"Hi!" she waves at me urging me to sit.

"How's it going?" I ask with a sly smirk looking at the mess on the table.

She grumbles in defeat. "second year is tough."

"I think every year is tough." I laugh as her head falls to the table.

She looks up as I sit. A piece of paper stuck to her forehead. I hold in my laugh as she snatches it.

"How's your class?" she asks, organizing her stuff so I have room for mine.

"It's okay." I sigh,

"I have no idea how to organize my notes for school." I explain to her how I have to write an essay and I don't know where to start.

"What's the topic?"

I pulled out the paper and the rubric stapled to it. As I slipped it over her, her green eyes skimmed through it.

She takes her colorful markers and highlighters and starts writing.

I watch her curiously until my stomach grumbles.

"I'll be right back. Did you want anything?" I ask.

She looks up, "A refill please! Thank you." She says then continues with the paper I gave her.

I return with my vanilla cold brew, jalapeño bagel, and her refill and she's still writing.

I eat my bagel while I wait for her to finish. Once she's done she hands it back with an extra one.

I read it stunned by her work. I look up at her astonished.

"What the hell?" I breathe, blinking down.

"Can I keep this?" I look up at her with puppy eyes, hoping she will let me keep the paper.

She grins and shakes her head, her eyes twinkling. "No."

My face falls and I sigh. "I guess I'll just have to put it in my memory book instead."

She laughs and hands it back to me. "I'm kidding! It's yours."

"Thank you! You're a lifesaver."

"I know." She giggles "You're welcome."

After working nonstop for hours, we realize that time has flown by. We talk and joke while packing up our things and begin heading out.