17 - Her

🩸𝒫𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓈𝑒 𝒱𝓉𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒞𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉 🩸

Lincoln Rezel

There's one thing I despised more than humans, and that was the hybrids.

They were abominations, mockeries of nature. They were part supernatural and part human. They had no place in this world.

Created by mankind but hidden among our world. They fit nowhere.

Hybrids were a constant reminder of the dark times when humans and our world coexisted.

Human subjects willingly agreed to be injected with bone marrow DNA in an attempt to create a species stronger than ever.

A new human species that used the blood from the Sahire race. Something in the bloods genetics cured humans beyond scientific reasoning and gave supernatural beings more power than one should have.

An experiment that failed and when they ran out of beings with the rarest blood known to both worlds. They still couldn't stop their bullshit research.

The humans continued their attempts with other supernatural beings hoping to recreate the blood's uniqueness.

Failing each and every single time.

Over 100 years of bloodshed continued until our side had enough. We had the upper hand to eradicate them, but we chose not to.

We should have killed every human and every single hybrid made.

Instead, we surrendered to the humans. A dumb decision. They should have been the ones hiding in the shadows.

We hid ourselves like cowards until we were considered a myth. Hidden among the dark with the wretched human's laboratory failures.

Alastor was the vilest kind of them all. Tainted and imperfect.

He was part human and part vampire. His kind had the strength and powers of a vampire, yet the weakness and lack of self-control of a human.

They were dangerous and unpredictable. When they fucked up it was our job to fix it.

They didn't care about exposing themselves including the hidden world to humankind as long as their hunger was satisfied.

So when I saw him dragging Kaia away from me, I saw red.

She had a certain delicacy that I had to unravel and taint. A painting I wanted to vandalize. A beautiful dove only I could trap.

He needed to remove his hands from her before I broke his fingers 6 different ways.

From my first run-in with this woman, she stood out to me from the moment she ignored me.

I craved her attention and hated that.

I was enraged that she could have me so fascinated and wanted to break her for it.

I wanted to wrap my hands around her waist and pull her against my chest. The urge to do so resonated deep in my thoughts. I'd love to see this motherfucker try to pry my hands off of her then.

I wanted to feel her against me, and, for a moment, forget the anger and hate boiling up inside me.

She was far too beautiful for a lowly half-breed too beautiful for even me.

Fuck.

I blink and she's out of my view shoved by a drunken Rica.

I glared at her for ruining the beautiful view. "What the fuck?" I hissed. I attempt to go around her but she blocks me.