15 - Eccentricity

🩸𝒫𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓈𝑒 𝒱𝓉𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒞𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉 🩸

🩸𝒫𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓈𝑒 𝒱❀𝓉𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒞❁𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉 🩸

Kaia

Dear Universe,

I hate you.

I rub my eyes as I walk towards the fire, further away from the music and the thrill of the party.

I still couldn't believe Alastor took off with my glass as if it were some sort of family heirloom.

No more S'mores, no juice. What a night.

I glimpse in the direction of the flames blazing even higher now.

This is unwise I try to tell myself. I shouldn't be so curious after all curiosity did kill the cat.

Yet those words mean nothing to me as I try to focus on the dancing embers in an attempt to find the dark place in my mind once again.

I nearly trip over a pair of black boots not watching where I'm going.

It's just my luck, but thankfully, I catch myself balancing the palm of my hands on an uneven surface.

I peek my head up only to realize my hands are on another person's legs.

Black cargo pants cover legs that stretch for days.

I slowly bring my eyes to the face, and as I'm about to say something, my mouth goes dry.

I Hate you again, Universe.

I was inches from his face, close enough to feel the warmth radiating from his body. I could feel his breath against my skin.

His dark eyes glinted in the firelight like lightning in a storm. His lips were full, his expression unreadable, but there was a hint of something in his eyes that made my heart skip a beat. I was standing in the middle of a thunderstorm, mesmerized by him.

"Thought I said be careful." His voice was icy as he spoke, but with a hint of amusement, as if he secretly enjoyed watching me squirm.

"Ah, uh, sorry about that. I didn't mean to, I was just... I didn't see you there," I said sheepishly, feeling embarrassed. I furrowed my eyes at him for a second.

Not even twenty minutes have passed since I ran into him in the hall with Rica.

The thought of them having a quickie makes my stomach churn and I feel queasy when the images try to enter my head.

Yuck.

I chew the inside of my cheek as I straighten myself to my full height.

After mumbling another apology, I rush away from Lincoln's intense gaze. A few strangers, including Ara and Cairo, separate me from Lincoln's proximity.