16 - Masculinity

🩸𝒫𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓈𝑒 𝒱𝓉𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒞𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉 🩸

🩸𝒫𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓈𝑒 𝒱❀𝓉𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒞❁𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉 🩸

Kaia

Forgetting about my mouthful bite. I opened my mouth to answer Lincoln. I feel a gooey, melted marshmallow and crunchy graham cracker piece fall out my mouth and onto my chin.

I hurriedly wipe it away from my face, both of them watching the action.

I'm kind of surprised how I managed to keep this blue dress clean the entire night with everything that has happened.

Maybe a bit of luck is on my side with looks tonight.

Answering him. I grumble, "I don't know," sounding like garbled syllables. Earning me a scowl from Lincoln. I gulp hard, trying to get the remaining bite down.

Looking anywhere but at Lincoln, I turn to Al. I'm hoping he could explain further, but upon seeing his face. My stomach tightens into a knot.

Alastor glares at Lincoln, his piercing stare menacing. He tightens his grip on my hand to the point it hurts.

Lincoln, on the other hand, smirks back darkly, his jaw tense. He leans forward, tilting his head to the side, his eyes daringly focused on him.

Before I can comprehend what's happening, he steps in between Lincoln's hold on my wrist, completely severing it.

"Maybe you should mind your own business," he growls out. Alastor's gaze was unflinching, his lips pressed into a thin line.

Lincoln's face flashes with darkness as he glares at Alastor. His mouth remains curled up like he's enjoying this.

He's still sitting forward with his hands over his legs, unbothered by the whole ordeal.

Lincoln's voice drops before speaking, a low rumble that chills my spine. "Is that right, inbred?" His voice slices through the air.

I wince as Alastor's grip on my hand tightens even more, his fingers almost digging into my skin. "Go to hell." Alastor cowered quietly.

"Hm." Lincoln's chest rumbles. He stands up, towering over us.

I could feel the tension radiating off of him. He looks like he could reach out and strangle Alastor right now and then.

I shrink away, my heart racing rapidly hopefully he doesn't strangle me too.

"Don't forget your fucking place." Lincoln hisses. Alastor flinches at his voice and the tight hold around my fingers finally releases.

I flex my hands open and close to restore the blood flow his grip cut off the color slowly returning.