30 - Mishap

🩸𝒫𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓈𝑒 𝒱❀𝓉𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒞❁𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉 🩸

Kaia

Today was one of those frustrating days when my hair wouldn't cooperate.

My usually lovely curls decided to have a mind of their own, refusing to be tamed no matter what I tried.

After struggling to put my hair up, I settled for a loose ponytail, which unfortunately made the small scar near my hairline visible.

It served as a constant reminder of the accident. I managed to cover a few of the other scars with a couple of strands, but the rest was hopeless.

They healed decently well except for the one at the start of my hairline, but it didn't change the fact that I hated them being there.

I envied people with flawless skin, free from any blemishes or scars.

To detract attention from my face, I carefully selected what to wear.

I chose a vibrant two piece skirt that ended just at my knees and wore a white undershirt that accentuated my figure and paired it with sparkling gem earrings that caught the light with every movement.

In addition, I slipped on a pair of white platform sandals to give me a bit of extra height and brought along a white sweater just in case it got chilly during the day.

I dashed out of the house. It was unusual for me to be late, and I wasn't about to start now.

Locking the door behind me, my fingers absently played with the fabric of the hand wrap.

Lincoln's car waited in the driveway, its engine idling, as I secured the lock with a satisfying click. I scurried to his car.

"Good morning," I greeted Lincoln, the words feeling like part of our daily routine by now.

It's day 5 of this, and thankfully, I'll have a weekend to rejuvenate.

It had been an uneventful stretch, but in a way, I found solace in the calmness of it all.

It was funny how I initially fretted and overthought the daily rides, only for Friday to be here and it all to be for naught.

No one seemed to pay much attention to Lincoln dropping me off each day, possibly because he drove a different vehicle every time.

Luck once on my side.

Today, for instance, I have no idea what he was driving, but it had some cat emblem on it.

One of the days, he arrived in a car I had never seen before, its windows tinted darkly enough to obscure the driver.

So, I was skeptical about approaching the vehicle. It was when he texted me to get in that I felt comfortable doing so.