𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

𝐇𝐀𝐘𝐄𝐒

𝐇𝐀𝐘𝐄𝐒

𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐚 𝐝𝐨𝐳𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬, 𝐤𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐭, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭, 𝐢𝐭 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝.

A burst of air came through the door and I could finally breathe. I coughed as the smoke built up around me. My eyes widened as I saw the fire had already begun to spread on the outside of the mountain as well.

Oh shit.

A felt a small wave of relief wash over me when I saw Gino, Santi, and Aliza waiting for me by the cars. A small part of me also sunk once I saw Aliza. Even from far away, I could see the worry written all over her face. I know the fire must've cut the feed from the video and mics out. At some point I could no longer hear her voice come through.

I began walking towards them, but then I heard a voice come from behind me.

"D'Angelo! It's been years.."

I turned around to see Enzo. He stood there waving at me and I could see the snake tattoo on his finger, trailing all the way up his arm. He had an evil grin plastered across his face.

I knew exactly what he was doing. He was trying to lure me back into the mountain.

I was hesitating. I didn't know what to do.

Then, I remembered all the pain he's caused me by coming after me all these years, the pain he's brought me by taking away my father all because his father wanted to be selfish.

The pain he's brought me by coming after Aliza.

The pain he's bringing to Aliza by coming after her.

I began running towards him, launching myself at him, as I pushed him back into the tunnel and tackled him to the ground. Part of me wanted to turn back around and get him another day, but I wanted to end it all right here, right now. He struggled to get back up on his feet as I continuously pushed him onto the ground by his shoulders. Once I had the chance, I began throwing multiple punches to the face. When I stopped for a breather, he just sat there grinning at me. I could see the blood began to spill from in between his teeth and from his nose.

You evil, sick fuck.

He took this second of me being lost in my thoughts as I inspected his damage when he pushed me off of him. We both got off of the ground and pulled out our guns from our waistbands. We stood there, pointing them at each other, taking heavy breaths, and letting out a few coughs as the smoke started to build even more.

Suddenly, he shifted his gun to the side and shot rounds. I ducked my head and he took this as a chance to run past me. I turned around to see him closing the doors and planting another bomb on the ground.

"Enzo!" I yelled. "Just end this now! Agree to stop chasing after Aliza and I, and our branches of mafia can leave each other alone! We don't have to spend the rest of our lives fucking fighting!" I began coughing more and more as it was starting to get difficult to breathe within all the smoke now that Enzo shut the doors.

"I'm tired of chasing after you too, Hayes." shouted Enzo as he was coughing and choking on his own words. "But your father killed my father! I am tired and exhausted! But if I give up, I am not going to let you continue to live your life in peace either!"

My eyes grew wide as I realized what was happening.

This fucker had a suicide wish.

And he was about to take me down with him.

"Enzo, you don't have do this! We can both live our lives in peace, if you would just stop-" Enzo brought his arm up and drove a pulled into my right arm. I fell to the ground as I groaned and shouted out from the pain that shot throughout my arm. He pulled out a remote from his pocket and raised it up for me to see.

"Once I push this buttons, bombs planted all the way throughout this mountain and tunnel system will go off, one by one, until they reach us and take us both out." he shouted with an evil grin. I built up all the strength I had left in me to run towards him while shooting rounds at him. His eyes widened as he realized what was happening. He pushed the button on the remote and threw it to the side.

No!

I'm going to get out of this.

Don't forget who you are.

My arm was causing me so much pain and all of my shots were off target. I only hit him twice in the arm and once in the leg, but none to the chest. However, this seemed to do enough for now. He groaned out in pain as he fell to the ground. I walked over to him and kicked him in the chest, causing him to roll on his side. I stood above him, holding onto my arm and pointing my gun at him while my foot crushed the upper half of his body, forcing him to the ground.

"You are not going to take me down with you!" I shouted, now shaking from pure adrenaline, the pain, and all the anger that I have built up inside of me.

"Go ahead." he said with a bloody smile. "Kill me."

"You wanted to go out the hard way and feel the literal burn and scorching of your skin from the fire?" I said, now panting. The smile from his face began fading away. "That's exactly what you'll get."

I put my gun down and ran towards the entrance.

"No! Get back here!" yelled Enzo as he tried to get off of the ground, but his arms and legs failed him.

"NO!" he boomed as I looked at him one last time before shutting the two large metal doors. I grabbed my larger gun from off of the ground and stuck it between the two handles, making it impossible for him to escape. As I did so, I immediately began hearing the bombs in the distance begin to go off, one by one, getting closer to the entrance, just like Enzo had said they would.

Boom!

Boom!

Boom!

The explosions getting closer and closer to me within seconds. I needed to get out of here now, or else this all would've been for nothing.

I am going to leave here.

I am not going to die here.

I am Hayes D'Angelo and I will not die here.

Boom!

This last explosion that shook the ground around me.

This last explosion awakened my fears in my core.

This last explosion rang through my ears.

This last explosion made my world go black.

This last explosion created silence all around me.

I am Hayes D'Angelo and I will not die here.