𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

𝐇𝐀𝐘𝐄𝐒

𝐇𝐀𝐘𝐄𝐒

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐤𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐀𝐥𝐢𝐳𝐚 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐬.

Her head lay over my chest and her long hair flowed over her shoulders. I brought my hand to her hair, hesitating for a second before starting to comb my fingers through her hair. Usually this would be the time where I kick the woman in my bed, out of my room. But Aliza wasn't just another woman.

This was all still weird to me. I wasn't sure how to be affectionate with her in the ways that everyone reads and looks at in books and movies. Everything that I've read about, seen, heard; it was soft and affectionate— loving, is the word. It was something unfamiliar to me.

I felt her stir and move around underneath my touch.

"You're already awake?" I asked, sitting up a little so that my head was now resting against the headboard.

"Yeah. I woke up a few hours ago and couldn't go back to sleep. I've been lying here waiting for you to wake up." She looked up at me with her big brown eyes and added a smile, but I could tell something was bothering her.

"What's wrong, angel?" I brought my hand up to her face, stroking the side of her cheek with my thumb. She closed her eyes and let out a little hum from my touch.

"I can't help but feel bad, Hayes." she sighed. "What if you litreally spend the rest of your life running and fighting, again? Not only that, but we both know they'll be after me too. It literally doubles your problem. If you killed me, you know, I'd still be here— just haunting you for the rest of your life." she giggled at the last part. Her laugh will always be music to my ears.

"You're talking like I haven't been doing this my whole life. Plus, I'll take care of this, like always. Maybe it'll be trickier, but I've got this." I said. "And don't talk like that." Did she really think killing her was even an option for me? Never that. I sighed, picking up her chin to look at me.

As soon as I see her eyes, it's always like everything is at peace in my world. For a moment, I could breathe, knowing that if anything, I have her.

"I would rather spend my whole life in chaos, fighting for you because you are my peace, amore. I don't want to ever have to learn how to live a life in peace without you."

"I don't know what peace would be in a lifetime without you."

Who knew that peace and chaos could exist at the same time, at the same place.

𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐙𝐀

Hayes and I walked down the many stairs and made our way to the kitchen, where the smell of bacon and French toast filled the air.