𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗

𝐇𝐀𝐘𝐄𝐒

𝐇𝐀𝐘𝐄𝐒

𝐀𝐥𝐢𝐳𝐚 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧.

 She made sure she stayed at her mother's house until they came to pick up her body. I couldn't imagine what she had to be feeling right now. I don't even want to think about how I would feel on the day that I lose my mother.

The ride back was silent, although, I believe that's what Aliza had wanted. She was so on edge right now, and I wasn't sure how to act around her. One moment she was trying to catch her breath from crying so much, the next moment, she was ready to rip off the head of the next person that tried to talk to her.

Suddenly, the phone rang through the car's speakers. I pressed the button on the steering wheel to answer the call from one of my men.

"Boss!" shouted the man through the speakers. He sounded worried. There was also a bunch of commotion going on in the background. Aliza and I gave each other a look. "There are a few men who've somehow made it past the security and the gates, they're in front of the house fighting with us, you need to come, now!"

"Shit!" I said, punching the steering wheel and pressing on the gas. "We're almost there! Call Santi and Gino and tell them to come back to the house, now!" They were at the restaurant waiting for us, and we still haven't even called them to tell them what happened with Aliza's mom.

When we arrived at the long pathway leading up to the front of the mansion, all of the gates leading up to the front were wide open, and many of the guards were already dead. I could hear the bullets being fired in the distance.

"Hayes." I heard Aliza say from the passenger's seat. I looked over at her and her eyes were already red from crying. She looked stressed as ever. "I can't deal with this shit right now!" she said pulling at her hair. I gave her a sad look.

"I know, angel. I know. I'm so sorry." I said. I reached into the backseat and pulled out another gun and handed it to her. "You can do this." I said as we pulled up to the front, where we could now see the fight that was going on between my men and the men who somehow broke through my security.

"Turn your anger into power."

She stared at me for a moment and nodded. Then it was like a switch flipped inside of her. She snatched the extra gun from my hand and pushed the passenger door open, immediately firing at anyone she saw in her vision.

I couldn't help but allow a small smile to creep onto my face.

There's the Aliza that I know.

𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐙𝐀

"Turn your anger into power."

When those words left Hayes's mouth, it took me a moment to register what he said. I looked at him, then at the gunfire that was happening right in front of us.