𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗

𝐇𝐀𝐘𝐄𝐒

𝐇𝐀𝐘𝐄𝐒

𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐝𝐚𝐲.

A new day without Aliza.

I had spent all night trying to locate her. I even went the extra mile to see if she had gone to work at the club, was at the office, and even drove past her mother's house. I had no idea where she was. I hired some of my own private investigators to see if they could get feedback on her. My best shot was to try calling and texting her, but she had already blocked my number, so I couldn't even reach her or track her that way.

Not only was she out in the world without me, but she was out in the world without protection. Who the hell knows if someone is still after her.

"Hayes!"

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard a bullet whiz past me, causing me to side step behind a drug crate. I had completely forgotten I was in the middle of gunfire. I looked over at Santi, who gave me a what the hell look. I scoffed at him and began to fire more rounds into the open.

"Boss, we have to get to the trucks before they leave!" yelled Gino as he fired at a group of men, driving bullets right into their chests. I nodded at him and began running forward in hopes that Santi, Gino, and my other men would cover for me. I was catching my breath as I made it to another drug crate, bullets continuing to whiz past me. I could see the large trucks from here, but the Camorra men were already getting ready to leave.

They're going to get away.

"Santi, Gino!" I shouted behind me. "Move up, now!"

They did as told and began to run forward, shooting rounds at the many men who were protecting the trucks. When we had cleared most of the men, I began to make my way forward. I shot at one of the windows, hitting and killing one of the passengers, but missing the driver.

Damn it!

Why am I so off today?

As I got ready to fire at the driver, someone came up behind me and hit my head with their gun, causing me to fall to the floor. I swept his leg from behind, causing him to join me on the floor. I wrestled with him to get on top, for a split second, I looked over to see Santi and Gino fighting off men themselves, and suddenly the man had rolled us over and was now on top of me. I looked over and my gun had slid a few feet away from me. I couldn't reach it. I panicked as the man pulled out his gun from his waistband and aimed it at my head.

Suddenly, blood splattered all over me, and I flinched as I felt it fall on my face. I opened my eyes to see the man dead on the floor next to me. I quickly grabbed my gun and stood back up to see that Santi had shot him in the head. We heard the loud screech of tires as we saw the trucks with the drug trade, now escaping from our hold. We shot multiple rounds at their tires, but it was useless.

Fucking hell, they got away.

||

"Those damn Camorra men!" shouted Santi as we walked inside the mansion, slamming the large front door shut. We were sweaty, covered in dirt and blood, and filled with anger and disappointment as we failed this drug trade interception.

"What happened out there?" asked Gino. I looked up at him with confusion. "With all due respect, your mind was somewhere else, boss."

"He was distracted." Our heads turned to see Ares coming down the stairs with a smirk on his face. "He lost the girl last night and I can promise you that that's where his head was at. Tsk tsk tsk.." he shook his head in disappointment. "This is what happens when you get involved with women in the mafia."

I walked over to him, grabbed him by his shirt, and slammed him against the wall.

"This is your fault, Ares! You got into my fucking head! We were doing fine until you made me say those untruthful words about her, and now she's nowhere in sight!" I shouted, shoving him back into the wall multiple times.

"Do not forget that at the end of the day, those words came out of your mouth, Hayes!" he boomed.

"Because you got in my head!" I shouted as my arm threw a punch at the wall next to his head. Small pieces of the wall crumbled to the floor, and my knuckles were red and scratched. Ares looked at the wall and at my hand before shaking his head and pushing me off of him.

I was angry that I let Ares get into my head and made me say what I said. But that's the problem; I let him get into my head. Now I'm trying to fix a mess that I don't even know if I can fix.