22⚫

Tanasia

"Denver"I said sitting on the bed next to him.

"What's wrong?"he questioned sitting up, taking off his reading glasses and then facing me.

"My family, well my parents want you to have dinner with them"I said, he's facial expressions went from perfect to a frown.

"I hardly meet the ones on the other side, I'm sorry but I'll have to pass on that, I have a significant amount of work to do which will not do itself"he said getting up.

"Denver please"I stood up "they just want to get to know you better".

"There's nothing better to know about me, tell them to google me, I appear on the internet".

"And it's nothing positive"I folded my arms.

He smiled and turned to me "oh I'm sorry, is there anything positive about me?"he questioned.

"Yes there is, I see it every day all day it's in you..it's there"I shrugged.

"I well wasn't aware that you are looking into me when I'm not aware but my response stands...no"he said grabbing his laptop going to the study as I followed him.

"May I?"I asked to sit down.

"You may"he nodded.

I sat across him, with the table dividing us.

"When will you stop being an asshole to my family?"I asked.

"Well for one, your dad is a very foul man, I mean what kind of father sells his daughter to the mafia to save himself , correct me if I'm wrong but that's rather disgusting, I would give up my right hand for my children if I had any"Denver said making me roll my eyes.

"Well you'll have to get over that Denver what's done is done".

"Your excused"he pointed at the door.

"Fuck you, honestly"I shook my head getting up.

"Can you let me be? This conversation is over"he said opening his laptop.

"Yeah well it better be the response I'm hoping for".

I went to the backyard and sat by the outdoor sitting area.

It was about 6:00 pm and dinner would be at 7:30 pm...Denver had at least 25 minutes to decided cause I took time to get ready....it's literally 2 hours away.

After 20 minutes of zoning out denver came outside.

"Can I help you?"I asked him.

"I've been looking for you everywhere"he said sitting across me.

"Well I didn't say buy this unnecessary house"I shrugged nonchalantly.

He sighed "I've decided we can go" he said making smile.

"Awww thank for being soooo understanding my dear husband I couldn't of asked for a better one"I sarcastically said walking past him, I went to go change into an appropriate outfit since I had already took a shower.

I did everything I had to do then I waited on him.

"Denver it's like 7 right now hurry the fuck up like you been in the shower stop contemplating life and come on".

I waited and we ended up leaving home at 7:15

He drove us there, we went out the car and I led him to the front door.

"Remember Denver please be respectful like yes I don't fuck with my dad but I'm kind of starting to appreciate his decision"I said making him chuckle.

"What's that suppose to mean?"he asked.