⌈Prologue⌋

With a hand putting pressure on my hip to stop the blood flow, I limped toward the Mind Flayer. My eyes darted all over the place as I looked for Steve. I didn't see him, and it worried me. I mean, how could I not with that huge ugly monster. Instead, I saw El and Billy. It was trying to harm them.

I limped faster. I had to help them. I wiped blood off my nose and upper lip. I was already drained. I don't know how much longer I can use my powers. I could faint at any moment. My friends don't need that.

The Mind Flayer shot something through Billy and lifted him in the air. I have to help. I tried running, but it hurt too much. I pushed through anyway.

I focused my remaining strength on the thing. I focused all my anger and fear and exhaustion at it. After that, it was a blur.

Lightning shot out of my chest and shocked the Mind Flayer. It screeched when more bolts came shooting out of me. Suddenly, the bolts were shooting everywhere. I tried to make them shoot at the Mind Flayer, but that made it worse. I could hear my friends yelling my name.

All the lightning coming out of me was making my chest hurt. My vision was starting to get blurry. I squinted my eyes and put my hand up to shield them from the bright light coming out of me.

Finally, it all came to an end. The lightning stopped. A weight was lifted from my shoulders, but the pain in my chest remained. I collapsed and it all went dark.