The Wedding Invitation

They say you remember only the 5-10% of your dreams, but with Anisha it had always been different. Whenever she would dream about him, she would always wake up with almost all the memories and she would even be able to recall how she has felt during the dream.

Currently staring at the ceiling, Anisha reminisced the dream she saw last night. 

This was a scene of their coaching classes when they were in grade 12. They both went to the same classes. The classroom was almost empty as that was the doubt session. Studious that she was, she put her entire focus on the numerical problem that she was not able to solve since so long.

"Hi Anisha! Could you please help me with this problem? I am not able to solve this one." He had asked ever so politely and her almond brown eyes met his chocolate brown ones. She nodded her head and immersed herself  in solving the problem while he sat down beside her. 

 "Here! Its done!" She handed over the notebook back to him and he passed her a smile while thanking her. She returned back a small shy smile too.

Her alarm rang, bringing her out of the reverie. She had woken up earlier than required, maybe because of the dream. Sighing, she removed her duvet and went inside the washroom to freshen up. Once done, she prepared her breakfast quickly and gobbled it up in order to not get late for her office. 

She had just started her professional career, a year or two ago, after getting a degree in bachelors of technology. Both of them had chosen the same stream and fortunately for her they both went to the same coaching classes as well. So, along with knowledge, she also kept looking for him whenever she could. He was her crush, since when, she couldn't remember but she used to like it when she would find him staring at her. She used to think that even he had the same feelings for her as she had but how wrong she was.

She was never in the picture. It was later that year that she realized that not only had he liked someone else, a girl from her own batch, who was supposedly her friend, they both have already spoken about their liking for each other. She cried hard that day, but only in the confines of her room. To those who met her that day, she was the same 'I am absolutely fine!' Anisha who had to put up a fake smile so that no one gets to know about her feelings for that certain someone which had remained hidden till now.

It was then that Anisha realized that it was high time she let her feelings take a backseat in her mind or maybe throwing them out of the window was an even better option. She would often avoid talking to him, spoke, just when he came up with something, so that he doesn't read her eyes. They remained on talking terms. They laughed and enjoyed together along with their common friends but he never got to know that it was just a façade on her part.

They passed the board exams with flying colors and both of them got admissions in different universities but for the same course. For sometime, they did stay in touch but then slowly, old friends were less prioritized  while the newer acquaintances were given more importance.  

It wasn't as if Anisha didn't try forgetting him and moving on, but she couldn't. Dreams like these would never let her. Just as every other teenager, she too had crushes but as time passed, she had understood that it was mere infatuation. She expected this one to go too, but it just did not. They have not met for around 5 years, she hasn't spoken to him for about 4 years, heck, she doesn't even look at his profile picture, just so that she doesn't remember that phase of sadness. But still, it'll take more time to get over him.

Weaving her hair in a French braid, she checked her mobile phone for any notifications. Replying to the necessary ones, she picked up her bag and moved out to lock the door of the apartment she had rented as soon as she was able to with her salary. She just wanted to move out of the working women hostel, so she rented a 2BHK flat in the city of Gurugram, where she used to work. Her workplace was at around 30 minutes distance and the company cab would do the pick and drop service.