Knowing Anisha

Dhairya climbed the stage to meet the lovely couple. Congratulating them, he first hugged Raghav and then Maithili. He posed by their side as the photographer inclined his camera at a particular angle but a certain someone grabbed his attention. 

Anisha was moving towards a particular table, with two glasses of water. There was an elderly couple and a young girl sitting there. Handing the glasses, to the man and the woman each, she smiled.

"Sir! Please look into the camera!" The cameraman's advice brought his attention back to his own self.

"Uh-huh?" Sighing, he nodded. Getting a picture clicked, he patted Raghav's back as he turned to get down from the stage. Anisha, by then, was sitting beside the younger girl, while the couple was facing him. It was more than clear that they were her parents and the girl next to her must be her sister.

"Dhairya! Tum aise khade hoke kya dekh rahe ho beta? Dhyan hi nahi hai tumhara!" His mother, questioned, slapping his shoulder and he was flabbergasted. His entire focus was on Anisha! 

"Aisa kuch bhi nahi hai maa! Boliye, kuch chahiye tha aapko?" He replied, looking into her eyes.

"Na naa! Chahiye kuch nahi tha... bas bahut samay se dekh rahi thi ki tu kahin khoya hua hai.. to socha puch hi leti hu! Waise vo ladki kaun hai?" She asked pointing towards none other than Anisha.

"Kaun? Vo? Vo to Anisha hai... Maithili ki saheli hai.. yahin ruki hui hai uske ghar pe.. Mere saath school mei padhti thi.." He replied subconsciously and his mother laughed.

"Beta! Uski jaankari nikaalne ko nahi kaha tha! Bahut sundar lag rahi hai aaj.. isliye naam puch liya tha bas..." She went away giggling under her breath.

"Waah, meri maa!! Pehle usi se dhyaan hatvaayaa aur ab vapas se usi ki or karva diya!! Kamal hai!" He spoke to himself and shaking his head, left from there before anyone else could catch him staring once again.

He took a glass of soft drink from the waiter who was passing by and was about to sit down, but before he could, he heard his father call him. Apparently, there was someone his father wanted him to meet. Greeting the elderly man and exchanging a few words, Dhairya fled from the scene. 

He was about to move to the buffet section, but seemed like luck wasn't on his side. Sitting on the table closest to the buffet was Suman buaji, throwing a fuss, once again. Fufaji was trying to calm her down while Kiara seemed bored and uninterested. Dhairya rolled his eyes and moved from the place before the family could spot him and irritate him with their banter.

He turned around and once again, he was facing the table where Anisha's family was seated. While both the sisters were missing, the elderly couple was having food with a content smile on their faces. Soon, he spotted her sister, clicking selfies nearby and Anisha, well, she was still missing from the picture. 

Releasing a breath, he moved away. He was confused with his own behavior. He was never like this, looking for people. He used to be content in his own company but in this particular wedding, from the time Anisha has arrived, he would find his eyes looking for her often. It had literally been almost two days, since her arrival and it was not as if he was seeing her for the first time and getting attracted to her. He had practically grown up with her and never once did he feel like this.

The only sane answer his mind could think of was that this was happening because there were only three people of his age in the functions, rest were either older or younger. Those three were Maithili, Kiara and Anisha. What he did not realize that it was her charisma that was pulling him to her unconsciously.

"Dhairya bhai! Aap yahan kyu khade ho? Chalo hamare saath dance karo.." And Karan literally dragged him to the dance floor. The DJ changed the song to a Punjabi one with a peppy beat. Dhairya was surprised to see Anisha on the dance floor too, dancing without a care in the world.