Chapter 11: End to A New Beginning

Tony begins to laugh. Chuckling and holding his stomach, laughing because of what I said about the basement. "Oh come on people", he speaks to everyone in the room, mainly aimed at Pepper, "there is nothing in my basement than auto parts and cars. I'm done with what everyone thinks it is, Iron Man".

But I know the truth, I know what I saw. He was protecting something that could have taken my life. "He's got it all rigged up with guns. I almost got killed when I went down there" I revel his long kept secret. Pepper keeps a complicated expression, between confusion and anger.

"What is she talking about Tony," her voice begins rising in tone, she rolls up a few papers and begins hitting his arm.

"You little snitch!" Tony says trying to reflect her smacks. "Okay Okay Okay! Pepper! It's set up for emergencies".

"You kept them didn't you? I thought you got rid of them. All of them."

"Hun, what is going to keep us safe if there's another world catastrophe? Whose going to save people? This is my life. It's all I have. Its all that will keep peace and safety."

"But keeping that from me! Almost killing Margo! Tony, you've crossed the line" Pepper walks out angrily with Happy right behind her with guards as well.

Tony sighs and leans against the desk in the room, rubbing his face. "Summers, get out" he demands. Brandon leaves without a second thought. I stay put.

"Kid, I can't with you anymore. You're not working with me here. You- we need to talk more. Because what happened her, that's not cool. I get it because you're a teenager and you have issues and you're all messed up inside- it doesn't mean you get to say whatever you feel like. We had a deal."

In that moment, I didn't know what to feel, anger? He said it in a "fuck it all" type of tone like he finally gave up on me. Honestly, it was a pang in my chest.

The next few days have been silent. Tony dismissed Brandon for days, Pepper wasn't around often, and Tony locked himself away. Until a surprise turned things around....