kiss in the rain𖦹

jealous - eyedress

"gilbert, i don't care about your explanation!" anne yelled, continuing to walk away from him, further down the forest path.

"anne, please just listen to me, it was nothing, i swear! me and winifred are just friends."

"just friends huh? well i didn't know friends could kiss eachother! especially when one of them is seeing someone." anne screamed, her expression full of disgust.

"anne! please! i beg you! i would never kiss anyone but you and you know that! there is no one more special to me than you!"

they were getting close to green gables when she felt rain drops fall from the sky.

anne had caught gilbert and some other girl, kissing.

but something anne didn't know is that winifred had backed him into a wall and started kissing him, not the other way around. he did not respond to her kiss and instead of wrapping his arms around her like he would with anne, he put his hands on her shoulders, in an attempt to push her away.

anne screamed his name in shock, and then she ran away, but it had only happend for a moment, and that moment just happened to be when anne showed up.

it was all a big misunderstanding.

it was now pouring it down, and anne was crying, still furiously walking towards her home.

gilbert grabbed her wrist.

"gilbert blythe you let to go of my wrist immediately! i am not in the mood to talk to you! i am very upset and mad an-"

gilbert didn't want her to finish that sentence so he did what he has desperately wanted to do since that awful kiss prior.

he kissed her.

anne wrapped her hands around his neck, one of them moving down to cup his face. the rain was stil pouring down but they didn't care. gilbert's hands were placed on her waist.

anne had gotten onto her tiptoes to meet his face properly.

"well that's one way to shut someone up." she said smiling. then her face went solemn. "why did you kiss me like that if your gonna go back and kiss her."

"i kissed you like that because your the only one i ever want to kiss, winifred, she backed me up
and started kissing me when you walked in. i promise i didn't kiss her back and i won't let it happen again."

"ok." she whispered.
"ok." he repeated.

"you know what, i actually don't think i believe you. why don't you prove it?" she said smirking.

"oh i'm going to prove it alright." he said with his signature crooked smile.

꧁꧂

hey everyone i hope you enjoyed, please feel free to comment what you would like to see! and also don't be a ghost reader! :)

- eves ❣︎