ain't it obvious🜸

gilbert has just returned after being out of town for a little while. it's been rumoured that he's studying with dr.ward and he's courting a 'pretty blonde princess' as ruby stated.

when gilbert started smiling after ruby asked if he was courting the blonde girl, anne's heart felt like it had shattered into little tiny pieces and then formed into a long, sharp knife and stabbed her chest millions of times over and over again.

you see, the fiery red-head had just recently come to terms and admitted to her kindred spirit diana that she has feelings for the blythe boy.

i mean with anne's self esteem just as it is, you can understand how upset she is feeling right now.

but she had to keep composure, atleast till the end of the day.

anne wished to herself that she could be like ruby, that she could move onto another charming boy in a matter of seconds.

you see, ruby had decided she was done with gilbert because he wasn't filling her standards the right way, so she's now decided that moody out of everyone is swapping roles with gilbert.

her head fell into her hands.

the chirpy voice of miss stacy which anne would usually be thrilled to hear and learn from was starting to really get on the poor girls nerves.

she raised her hand.

"yes anne?" miss stacy asked, turning back to the chalk board.

"i do not feel well madam."

"ah, i see, would you like to leave the school room child?"

"i would be ever so greatful miss." anne replied, her voice cracking.

"off you go."

anne looked like she was about to cry. well to be honest, she was just about to.

the girl collected her things and ran out of the school house, making her way to the dirt path which would lead her to green gables.

"miss stacy, please may i go check what's wrong with her?" gilbert asked, without using his hand.

"erm, yes of course gilbert, now go be quick."

"thank you miss."

he ran out of the school house, and chased after her.

"anne i-"

"no, please, go ahead, propose to winifred, marry her, have her children and spend the rest of your lives together, i wish you the best of luck." anne cried out, before turning her head and beginning to walk off.

"ain't it obvious i want you!" gilbert yelled, a look of desperation held on his face.

"what?" anne whispered, turning around to face the boy, her face and tone filled with confusion.

"i wanna be yours, anne."

"you do?"

"i do."

gilbert let out a sigh of relief as the girl began to run towards him, jumping into his arms.

"i'm over the moon that you feel the same way as me gil." anne chuckled, her eyes twinkling in the sunlight.

"how could i not? your perfect."

"gil, nobody is perfect." anne corrected him, raising her brows.

"well you are perfect to me." he smiled, before pulling her into a long earned kiss.

꧁꧂

thanks for reading, sorry its a little shitty.

-eves