Boo!

You

Dinner was over, the kitchen was clean and you were both settled in. After all this time you still couldn't believe how this weekend was going. You sit by the window taking it in while Cate was in the bathroom getting ready for bed. You gaze at the sky, feeling thankful and appreciative of this quiet moment. Then you saw a lightning bolt quickly followed by thunder. It was too late for you to close your ears so you jumped upon hearing it but your attention quickly shifts as you hear the bathroom door open.

"Don't say anything this is all I have."

Cate says as she comes out in a short silk nightgown.

"Ms. Blanchett, I'm speechless."

You say as you feel your heart beat out of your chest. The silk hanged off her body like it was made for her. She looks heavenly, and as much as you want to stare you don't want to frighten her.

As Cate climbs into bed, the lightning appears again so you cup your ears quickly while your eyes close.

"You scared?"

Cate asks, while laughing at you.

"No!"

You say defensively. Then thunder stroke again. It caught you off guard so you let out a little scream.

"Yeah, I see that."

Cate says sarcastically.

"Sleep on the bed instead. You're right by the window, there's no way you're getting any sleep with the storm."
"Ms. Blanchett I'm not scared, just a little jumpy fro-"
"BOO!"
"AHH!"

You throw Cate your only pillow while she laughs, holding nothing back.

You start to laugh with her after realizing how silly you must've looked and cover your face in embarrassment

You start to laugh with her after realizing how silly you must've looked and cover your face in embarrassment. You turn to her and realize that you both, have yet again, shared a really genuine moment. Her smile lines were beautiful and her laugh reaches your heart. There was nothing more precious than this woman's laughter. You really take a minute to thank the Gods, or whoever is up there for this moment.

Cate calms down and you find yourself staring again. Your eyes meet, while smiles were shared and feelings were present. Her eyes were speaking and you understood every bit of it.

You stay in the comfort of her gaze as she stands and slowly walks towards you. Your eyes did not stray away from hers until she was standing right in front of you. Your chin was up while hers was down, and neither one broke eye contact as she gracefully sat on your lap. One of her hands held your cheek and the other rested on your shoulder. You grip Cate's silk covered waist religiously while a flash of light strobes and thunder roared. There was no reaction from you.

"Not scared anymore?"