37.

• Lloyd Hansen. 8:24 am. October seventeenth. Croatia •

I found rowan sleeping soundly next to me, and Delilah sleeping with her. I don't even remember Lila coming in.

I got up and went into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and did my hair. I shaved as well, everything except for my mustache.

I went back into the bedroom. Rowan was waking up.

I got back into bed. Delilah saw me and got onto my lap. She was still not sleeping well and I didn't know how to help her.

"You still tired?" I whispered. She nodded.

I kissed her head. "I've got you babe. You can sleep." I said.

That was my agenda for today. Having my girls catch up on sleep.

Rowan turned over I knew she was not getting the love that she had deserved lately but we were both focusing on making sure Lila was safe.

I moved down to kiss Rowan's forehead. She was still asleep, cuddled into the blankets.

"I think mommy wants snuggles too." Delilah whispered. I chuckled.

"Yeah I know."

"What if you cuddle mommy and I lay on the other side?" She asked. She rolled off of me and moved her mom onto her side. I wrapped my arm around her, spooning her.

Lila got under the covers and snuggled into her mom. I smiled as she got comfy.

Rowan started to wake up. I kissed her cheek as she groaned, seeing Delilah snuggled up to her.

"Morning." She whispered.

"Good morning." I said. I kissed her head. Rowan played with her daughters hair.

"Did you sleep D?" Rowan asked.

"A little." She said. I put my leg carefully over rowan. She smiled to herself.

I kissed her neck. She giggled and turned. I pecked her lips softly.

"Mommy come back." Lila said. She turned and kissed her daughters head.

"I'm here babe. I'm always here." She said.

• • •

I watched as Delilah played with her dolls. She was trying to waste time, being that she needed a nap.

"Li. You need sleep." I said to her.

"I'm awake daddy." She said.

"Sweetheart." I said. She looked up at me.

"Daddy I okay." She said.

"Delilah Caroline you are going to take a nap." I said.

She pouted. I sat her on her little bed.

"Mommy and I will be downstairs. You are gonna sleep." I said.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because honey you're fighting it off. You need sleep." I said.