2

As we walked through route 101 again, we were quiet. Ralts was still asleep, and I had a lot on my mind.

I thought about the first Princess, and what her chosen path had been.

Her goal was to bring back peace to the world, but in doing so, she acquired a blessing that her Clan revered as so sacred, that they couldn't allow it to disappear from the world.

My Parents were the first to want it to end. They couldn't stand to watch the cursed blessing continue killing one Princess after another. I knew my Mom didn't even have much time left.

It was true that the Princess was able to calm the warring Legendary Pokémon, and bring peace back to the world, but afterward she shut herself away, refusing to look at the outside world ever again.

She had grown to both fear and hate Pokémon. Or that is what it seemed, but shortly before she died, she had told her Daughter the truth. She had always hated and feared Pokémon. They were the reason her Mother, Father, and baby Brother were dead.

She then warned her Daughter that Pokémon could not be trusted, and that the power that had been given as a blessing was also cursed in order to punish her for disobeying the Master of the Sky, but when the last of your family is killed before your eyes, waiting is not an option.

The Princess then died, and her descendants held onto her fear and hatred of Pokémon. Until I was born that is.

I dreamed of becoming a Pokémon Trainer, and becoming stronger than anyone else, or teaching my team to dance and making others smile. Maybe even both, if that was possible.

But I was the Princess of the Eternity Clan. I wasn't allowed to have a dream. My role was to guide my Clan and continue rejecting the Legendary Pokémon that had cursed my family.

I squeezed Ralts. Could I really do that though?

Just then the little Psychic type placed a hand on my face. "Ra?" It said in a worried tone. I opened my eyes.

What was I going to do?