Fake Cousin

"Dad, I want to have a boyfriend already." Ivanna pouts. "I'm 18 now. All my friends already have boyfriends and there's a lot of men pursuing me." She said pouting and acting coquettish toward their dad.

"No. You are still Daddy's princess. I can't let those ugly disgusting men around you."

"Tsk. Dad~"

Carlos tugs his brother's sleeve.
"What?" Kenneth frowns.

"I want to go back. This is so boring." He whispers.

"Just endure it." Kenneth said.
They are all accompanying their only sister. She is walking side by side with their Dad.
He and Carlos are just tag along while their Mom is in the hotel having a relaxing massage.

"Why am I enduring this while that bastard is living free of worry unlike me?" Carlos angrily folded his arms and stomped his feet.
Carlos is 14 years old, same as Louie that is why his hostility toward him is greater.
He feels that he too was cheated and he is very close to their mom.

"Shut up. You hate him but you keep mentioning him. Maybe in truth you really like him." Kenneth said.
He saw Carlos glaring at him but he said nothing else.
He doesn't hate or like Louie.
For him he is just a stranger with the same surname.

.
.
.

"Your family moved out." Louie said.

Adrian paused from wiping the table then he continued.

Louie looks up from sitting on the sofa.
"What? No reaction?"

"They can move anywhere they want."

Louie smiles.
"Yes. Yes. From now on you don't need to bother with them. I'll live with you from now on."

Adrian smiles.
"Okay."

Louie became quiet.

Adrian puts the biscuit on the table and gives Louie an ice cold sweet tea.

"......" Louie looks at Adrian sitting neatly beside him.
"What are you doing?"

".....sitting? Should I stand up?"

Louie sneers and sips the tea.
"You think you are a maid or something? I told you, you are not here as a helper."

"But there is nothing to do." Adrian blushes.

Louie sighs.
"Actually I'm planning to send you to the same school as I am. But I still can't crack my head how I can smuggle you without making my dad find out what happened."

"Smugg–you are using inappropriate words again."
Adrian sighs.
First he was rescued, not kidnapped.
It's not a rescue anyone can think of but only Louie can do that.
He chuckles.

Louie snorts.
"Why are you laughing?"

"No reason."

"Help me think of a way. I need you to continue studying."

"Thank you but….Maybe I should just stop for now and work…you can give me work as your helper. I can always go back to studying when I have money to support myself."
Adrian is a smart boy. But that's only what the teacher that teaches children on the street said. 
His step mother never sent him to school. 
He learned reading and counting from the street teacher . Maybe he isn't capable of learning more than that.

"You don't have a dream. Nothing at all!" Louie said frustrated.
"I can support you. And I'm willing to support you. Why would you ask me to make you my helper instead? Are you actually stupid?"

Adrian pursed his lips.
"I don't want to take advantage of you."

"Why?" Louie gapes at him.

Adrian also gaped at him.
"Because it's bad!"

"Who says it is bad?" Louie uses his hand to chop his head.
"Take advantage of me as much as you can. And achieve something great by doing that. That way, I can be your best stepping stone. When you become big in life later on and see me struggling in life, I'll expect you to do the same favor for me."

"How would you know I can become something big?" Adrian touches his hurt head.

"I know. I'm an angel and got reincarnated to help you." Louie rolls his eyes.
"So stop saying this and that. Just help me think. I'm stupid so I don't know."

Adrian thinks Louie is underestimating himself.
Though maybe academically Louie isn't that smart but intelligence is not only about learning at school. At least this guy, with his own creative way, saved his life that nobody else can do.

"What are you staring at me for?" Louie asks.

"What is the relationship you have with your dad? Why is he not living with you?"

"I'm his illegitimate son. He cares for me but he doesn't give me any attention. I basically can do anything as long as it won't harm his family's reputation."

Adrian feels bad for Louie but seeing Louie's nonchalant expression, he realized that Louie is the last person who needs sympathy.

"You are so admirable."
He can't help but say.

Louie feels shy and scratches his cheek.
"I'm actually not that tough as I appear. I just got used to it doesn't mean it wasn't hurtful. But I just stopped making a big deal about it. My dad is still there to provide for me and not let me starve and look how lavish I am living. Not everyone can live the same as I do. In short, it's best to look at the brighter side of life."
In truth, he is a reincarnated person and thus his heart is already numb from expecting something more than material things.
But he doesn't need to be too honest with his answer plus he can look like a mature cool guy in front of Adrian so why not lie a little?

Adrian really admires Louie.

"Oh! How about I pretend you are my cousin and you want to live with me?"

"Your cousin?"

"Yeah. My relatives on my mother's side are all poor. Mom hates them so she avoids them and they cling to her so she will send money. When Mom died, Dad stops all communication from them.

"Would your Dad send me to school and not send me back? And what if he calls your relatives?"

"I'll just cry and lie to him. He won't mind it so much if I beg him. He gives me all the material things I need."
Louie grins.

But Adrian realizes that his heart is softly being prick for Louie's sake.
He doesn't know why but he feels determined looking at him.

A/N:

Adrian : Big Brother, I feel strange in my heart.

Louie : How strange?

Adrian : I feel sad for you.

Louie : Ah. It's not strange. It's just symphaty

A few years later.

Adrian : I feel symphaty again.

Louie : Stop pressing me on the wall then!