Chapter 3 - Khushi's Miracle

Chapter 3

''A khuda kya maanu tujhse, ye meri nanadi hai,

Bin maange chholi bhardi, ye teri meharbani hai''

When Mohan reached his village with a young girl in tow. Everyone in the village was curious. Mohan introduced her as his sworn sister. He shared limited information with his family. He told them that they used to work together. Khushi treated him like his own brother. But unfortunately, her husband left her so he decided to bring her with him as she is alone in this world. Mohan's family members were very nice people. They give him full support & accepted Khushi warmly.

Mohan's aunty Suheri Devi used to live alone. She lost her husband a few years back. She had only one son Who went to the city to earn but never came back. Sunheri Devi made a peace with her life. She was leading her life without complaint. Mohan requested Sunheri Devi to Keep Khushi in her house as a tenant. She agreed easily. It was a blessing for her in form of Khushi. Her quiet life was a little better due to Khushi. There was someone with whom she can talk, share her meals & chitchat before going to bed. Both were alone in this world and were betrayed by their own. So both became each other's support. Soon their bond became strong & Khushi started to call her Sunheri Mausi.

Sunheri Mausi was a wise lady. She saw many ups & downs in her life. She understood Khushi's pain & tried to motivate her to lead her life in a positive way. She encouraged her whenever needed without interfering.

Dhanbad is known as the center of large-scale industries. It is known for its coal mines. The coal mafia & rich people are making lots of money from these mines. But workers are struggling with their basic needs. It is the reality of the world. The rich are getting richer & poor are struggling to make ends meets.
Bhavanpur was a small village near Dhanbad. Most of the villagers worked in coal mines. There was a lack of basic facilities. But few NGOs came forward to help these people. One of them worked for children. They run a school. But it was a challenge because there were very few teachers. The people of Bhavanpur were not much educated & no one from the city wants to come there. Who would like to come to such a place, where there are not good facilities & salary is not lucrative.

Khushi was the right candidate for this job. She was educated. She had the experience of teaching. She used to take Tuition classes in Laxmi Nagar & she was from Delhi. When NGO people approached her she was more than happy to join the school. She needed a job & by God's grace, she got one.

Khushi was a hard-working woman. She dedicated herself to school. She worked day & night. Soon she became popular with children. She wanted to be completely immersed in her work so that she could forget her past. She kept herself so busy that there was no time to think about anything else. At night when she was lying in bed after getting exhaustion she would fall asleep as soon as she lay down.

Two months passed & Khushi adjusted to the new environment. Her heart was sad due to betrayal but she kept her pain hidden. She knew very well that this pain was for the rest of her life and there was nothing she could do about it. When the pain became unbearable she would shed a few tears. But she didn't know that soon a ray of light would come into her life. A miracle is going to happen in her life.

One day she felt giddiness. 2-3 times she had nausea in the morning also. She connected the dots. She hadn't had her periods for the last two months. She didn't pay attention to it. But now she was tensed. What will happens if she is pregnant? She spent the whole day thinking about it. The next day she went to a nearby hospital for a checkup. Her doubt was confirmed. Indeed she was pregnant. What to do now? It was a big question. Should she contact Arnav? Should she continue her pregnancy or get aborted? How Arnav will react. If she continues with pregnancy how will she raise the baby alone? How will she take care of the child along with her job?

She accepted her fate. She had assumed that she would be alone for the rest of her life, but suddenly God made a surprising turn in her life. There were so many questions in her mind. What to do, to whom does she seek help? She was very skeptical. After struggling with her thoughts for two days she finally spoke to Mausi.

Khushi, Children are God's gift. I will never advise you about abortion. If you are worried about how you will raise your child alone, then I can assure you that I am always there for you & your child.

Mausi should I inform Arnav or Not?

Khushi I can not advise you because I don't know him. You know him & his family so it is your call. After much thought, Khushi concluded that Arnav might accept her but Anjali would probably never accept her. For her sister's happiness, Arnav will sacrifice his child as he sacrificed his wife. She decided to stick to her earlier decision that she would stay away from the Raizada family.

She decided to raise her child alone. She had the support of Mohan Bhaiya & Sunheri Mausi. It was a big decision but she was determined that she would handle it.

When she picked up Ananya first time in her lap after seven months she felt that her decision was right. Ananya was her guiding star in her dark life. She was her miracle.

People often have very different perspectives about miracles. They think that when something very big & unbelievable happens it is called a miracle. For example, if a dead person becomes alive then it is called a miracle. People assume that When a miracle will happen then the lightning will flash in the sky & deity will appear. A miracle is when something extraordinary happens.

There are miracles happening around us every day, even many times in a day. But we never pay attention.

When we are sad & one child passes a smile to us. It is God's miracle. God sent someone to make us smile. But we royally ignore it & Foolishly wait for a miracle. When are very thirsty & we don't have water then a stranger offering a glass of water is also a miracle. It is just our perspective on how we analyze things.

Ananya came like a miracle in Khushi's life. It was a miracle that Arnav & Khushi had just spent one night together, and still, God blessed her with a baby. Khushi was spending her days like a dead person before she got the news of her pregnancy. Ananya's arrival made her alive. Through Ananaya, God had given her a purpose in life. Khushi very well understood that her baby, Ananya is her miracle.

'Mere ghar aayi ek Nanhi pari'- A angel came to my home.