Chapter 7 - Fair Play

Chapter 7 - Pain of a sister

''Mazburi -a - Mohabbat insaaf chahti hai,

Shikwa bhi tumhi se, fariyaad bhi tumhi se''

- Siraj Laucknowi

A week had passed but there was no news of Khush's whereabouts yet. With each passing day, Arnav's desperation was increasing. He was not able to sleep, he was not able to eat. If he had even the slightest clue that Khushi is about to do something like this, he would not have allowed her even to step outside the room. Both Gupta & Raizada families were engulfed in their gilt. Each member was blaming himself or herself. Everyone was thinking that if he or she had not behaved in the way they behaved with Khushi. Had they tried to understand Khushi's turmoil then she would have been with them today.

Garima was feeling guilty for her harsh behavior when Khushi got married without her consent. Buaji was feeling guilty for her harsh comments whenever Khushi made a mistake. Wish she ever called Khushi an orphan. If they both have tried to understand her then she would have shared her pain with them. Maybe she didn't decide to leave the house. Now they had nothing but remorse.

Arnav had told the truth behind their hasty marriage to both families. After hearing the truth, everyone's guilt increased further. Payal was beyond the console. She was not able to digest the fact that her little sister sacrificed her life for her happiness and for her matrimony. Her pain was so deep that she was not able to eat a meal properly. Her mind was numb. Arnav & Payal both were devasted. For a few days, she was totally lost. She was not able to understand what was happening around her. Slowly her numbness turned into anger. Whenever she saw the face of someone in the Raizada family, her anger increased. She tried to maintain distance from everyone in order to suppress her anger. . But one day she blasted.

Two months had passed but Khushi was still missing. Payal's anger was now becoming beyond her tolerance. Whenever she saw Naniji or her mother-in-law taking care of Anjali like a fragile doll, her heart would fill with disgust.

One day the whole family was having breakfast. Manorama Raizada, mother-in-law of Payal spoke with all the fondness -

Anjali, Please eat your breakfast properly. Now you have to eat for two people.

Yes, Anjali Ji, you should be very careful with your health. For you & your baby, my little sister's life has been sacrificed. Payal couldn't control her emotions. On one side here they all were pampering Anjali so much & on the other side, she didn't know whether her sister is getting any food or not. Payal's anger was justified. But Raizada wanted the matter to end there Because taunting each other was not going to help.

Payal, please don't speak like that. Talking like this will be of no good. We will just only hurt each other.

Aakash Singh Raizada, When your mother taunted, correction, insulted me & my sister, you never uttered a single word. What happened today that you are asking me to keep quiet? Because today your sister is on receiving end. Did you suggest the same if instead of my sister your sister will be in the streets?

Aakash bowed his head in shame.

You should keep quiet as you always did. I hope you realized that It was because of your weakness that my sister had to succumb to your brother's inhuman demands. Just as your sister & brother are culprits you are also culprits of my sister.

Payal Ji, I know everything happened because of me but I didn't know that Arnav married Khushi Ji forcefully.

I agree, But when you ordered your brother to ask Khushi to leave your house, then you knew everything.