21

Brynlee had thought that she would simply stay at the Bridgerton home in the ton

Brynlee had thought that she would simply stay at the Bridgerton home in the ton. But here she was out promenading with Daphne. She played with her gloves and just sighed, "Daff, why exactly are we out doing this?"

"I believed today to be quite a lovely day, is it not?" Daphne hummed with a smile on her face, "I also recall how Anthony had plans to be here today."

Sighing loudly, Brynlee rolled her eyes, "This is absolutely ridiculous, Daphne. What are we even doing out here?"

Daphne simply shrugged her shoulders, "I am sure an idea shall spring into my mind when the moment arises."

With a side look, Brynlee latched her arm with Daphne's, "Let's talk about something else. Like you and Simon. Will there be any more little Dukes and Duchess' running around anytime soon? I would very much love to mold the mind of a young girl."

Daphne laughed and shook her head, "I am not currently pregnant but Simon and I have agreed on as many children as I can have."

"That is quite sweet. And horrifying."

Daphne nudged her at the added comment with a snort, "All of my children are and will be beautiful angels."

Brynlee gave Daphne a look of disagreement, "A child with your personality and the Duke's personality? Goodness, Daff, they shall be menaces to society."

"Oh, I always knew we were destined to be friends." Daphne mused on. Her attention then fell on Kaden Dormer and Edwina Sharma walking Newton together with Lady Danbury and Kate following shortly behind, "I see your brother has made it very clear that he has intentions."

"Him and Edwina are the same age though, I am certain our mother wishes for him to grow more in his role of the head of our family before being wed."

"I do think your brother has a different idea."

"He is rather smitten." Brynlee formed a smile and glanced back down to her gloves, "I am very glad that the two have found something together."

Daphne gave a side glance to her friend, "I heard that Lady Danbury invited the Sheffields over for dinner."

Brynlee had unfortunately heard the same piece of gossip from Kate herself. She knew not to pry into Kathani's business but it did not mean that she worried for her friend and her family. Especially seeing as her mother and brother had been invited. Unfortunately, Brynlee would be too preoccupied with her duties as a viscountess' new fiancee.

"There he is."

Pulling herself from her wave of thoughts, Brynlee found Anthony in the crowd speaking with someone she clearly did not recognize. Their conversation seemed to be deep and deliberate with the serious expressions on both faces.

"Who is that?"

Daphne continued to stare with her lips slightly puckered, "I do not know..."

"Duchess."