Part 22

"Just save it Leah." I sighed, and now turned to look in her direction as well. Meanwhile I was fiddling with my glass of water, because I didn't know what else to do.

"No. No, I mean it." She said so convincingly, it almost made me believe her. "No, you don't," I started to argue, "and we both know it." I continued.

"Look, you don't care. I don't care," I said, now talking slower and clearer, looking her straight in the eye, "and we both know that you're only here, because Sarina asked you to." I said, now standing up as well, and putting my glass back on the counter.

"That's not true." She whispered so soft I could just about hear her, while shaking her head slightly. "What, that Sarina didn't ask you to? That's bullshit." I said, now fed up with her for victimising herself.

"That I don't care." She said calmly, correcting me. I just shook my head at her response and started to walk away. Though, I was intrigued by one more question that popped into my mind.

"But Sarina did ask you to do this." I stated, while turning back around to look at her. It wasn't really a question. But I doubt that if it was she would answer it truthfully.

She just nodded her head in response and went to speak, but I scoffed before she could and started to walk away.

"Heard you chose for England!" She shouted after me. Trying to keep any form of conversation alive.

"Yup, you happy now?" I shouted back, not turning around or looking at her. And with that I walked out of the room.

~~~

After my little confrontation with Leah, I still couldn't sleep. So I just went back to bed and started watching Netflix on my phone.

Luckily, I noticed that around 5 am, my eyes started to get heavy. So I put my phone away, and was fortunately able to get 3 hours of sleep.

At 8 am, me and Lauren went down to the cafetaria to grab some breakfast, before we had training. I didn't feel too tired, I guess that 3 hours of sleep saved me, for now.

Apparently, Jack had pulled an all-nighter, or well not really, because I'm pretty sure he slept most of the night. But right now he was also in the cafeteria. As soon as he saw me he gave me a soft wave, and I smiled slightly back at him.

I turned my attention back to the table where I was sitting at with Keira, Lucy, Lauren, Georgia, Ellie and Alex. I saw Georgia giving me the eye, so I just shot her back a look of confusion. She nodded her head towards the direction of where my attention was previously at, with a small smirk on her face.

My eyes widened as soon I realised what she meant. I felt the blush creep up my neck and shook my head, indicating her to shut the fuck up.

"Are you okay?" Alex, who sat beside me, asked me. "What do you mean?" I replied, trying to keep the act alive. "Well, your face is all red." Alex said, pointing towards my face.

"What? Oh, yeah, no. Allergies." I responded, trying to avoid looking her in the eyes, and sounding as convincingly as possible. She laughed softly and returned her attention towards the conversation of Ellie and Keira, clearly not believing me. To be fair, it really was pathetic, but it was honestly the best I could come up with at the time.

Eventually, we headed to training after we had all gone up to our rooms to get ready. We started with a bit of stamina exercises and I paired up with Georgia. Looking back, that maybe wasn't the best decision I could have made.

She literally started interrogation me about this morning. "Who was that?" She asked, while we were doing the assigned exercises. "Who?" I replied, keeping my oblivious act up for as long as I could.

"The guy from the cafeteria." She said, while wiggling her eyebrows at me. I shot her an angry look, mixed with confusion. "Jack? The barman, you mean?" I asked back.

She just nodded, still with a slight smirk on her face. I couldn't contain myself anymore and bursted out laughing. "The guy near the coffee machine?" I asked again, making sure we were talking about the same guy.

"Yeah?" She said, not sure why I was laughing about this. This made me laugh even harder, when I eventually shook my head and made a disagreeing sound.

"Why not? He's good looking." She said, now encouraging me to do something I surely wasn't going to do, ever. 

"No. Absolutely not. I'm here for football and nothing more," I started, making my thoughts very clear, while I continued my ramble,

"I'm not here for love."

A/N
- hello lovely people, really short one, but still hope you liked it!
- motivation is a bit gone tbh, just because I'm trying to build up to THE moment yk, but I just don't know anything for like interesting little things to just throw in there.
- anyway, have a lovely day and see you soon!

:)