CHAPTER ONE

"There's a meadow in my perfect world. Where wind dances the branches of a tree, casting leapords spots of light across the face of the pond." Bare feet slamming on the freezing snow.

"The tree stands tall and grand and alone, shading the world beneath it."

The woman ran through the snow

The woman ran through the snow. Panting. She can feel the coldness of the snow in her bare feet.

"It's here in the cradle of all I owe dear. I gaurds every moment of you" The woman falls to the ground crying. "And when I find myself frozen, in the mud of the real. Far from your loving eyes.. i'll return to this place." The woman gets up and begins running again.

"Close my eyes, and take solace in the simple perfection of knowing you."

The sheep were out staring at the eyes of the tree wolfs. It was like a staring contest. Who will move first. That's when a gun is shot. The heard of sheep run out of fear. While one of the wolfs fall to the ground. The other two left standing watching the heard run. Another shot is released making the hear of sheep jump again.

As the man reloaded his gun again, keep track of where the other two wolfs are headed. Watching as they run off. Not a single sheep harmed or killed. He gets up taking his masks and glove of. Walking to the now dead wolf.

---

Today was the day Cory would be able to spend time with his son. Driving to Lander to pick Casey. Light thunder is heard. A storm coming soon. Knocking on the door being met by his ex wife.

"Hi"

"You got blood on your shirt" Wilma his ex wife says, not aprroving

"Yeah, I just came from work."

"Who was the victim today?" He senses Wilma mood quickly.

"It looks like its gonna be me" Cory says with a smirk.

"You want some coffe?" Wilma says as she walk towards her kitchen. Leaving the door open for Cory to walk in.

"Sure" Taking his hat and dusting the snow of his boots, he gets inside. Closing the door behind him, as he looks around the living room. Finding pictures framed above the fireplace

"I gotta go to the Rez tomorrow" He offers Wilma. As she poors the coffe she offered. "Thought I'd take Casey by to see your folks."

"Something killed a yearling in the pasture behind their house." She informs him as she passes the coffe.

"Yeah. That's why I'm going." He says sipping the warm coffee.

"Don't let Casey our of your site in the Rez, okay?"

"Like I said Ima leave him with your folks. Its to cold to drag him in the snow."

"You know what I mean." She gives Cory a stern look.