CHAPTER FOUR

Cory was on his way back leaving the Rez. When he got a call, quickly making a u-turn. Jane and Ben headed over to talk to Natalie's folks. Asking questions of when and why was she let out. Question about if they knew who Natalie was going out with. Martin gets more heated hating how Jane is commenting on his parenting. He ends up cursing her in his native language.

"Ugh look" Jane mind has been racing ever since. Thinking about how this could of been Esther. Process everything what happened to Natalie and just wanting to help. Catch these people so they don't hurt any more woman. "I don't mean to offend you. I'm just trying understand the dynamic here Mr. Hanson. I'm trying to help"

"Why is it whenever people try to help starts with insults?" Martin questions, walking closer to Jane. "I don't know why she didn't tell me, but she was eighteen and I chose to trust her." Now standing right in Jane's face, never taking his eyes of her. "I chose wrong."

"Okay well um

"Okay well um... how about your wife? Did your daughter talk to her?" Jane now calmly and much more quieter then before.

"Do you talk to your mother?"

"Her name is Annie, is she here?" Jane says rather quickly. Martin starts to smirk as soon as he see's Jane tense up.

"She's in the bedroom"

"Good I'll like to speak with her"

"Be my guest" The room is more tense now. As Jane walks past the two Ben calls for her again. Telling not to go in the bedroom, Jane confused at this. Martin saying the Jane is barely and adult. Jane seeing she did piss the man off. As Jane walks towards the bedroom, two cars pull up in the drive way.

As Jane goes to open the door she can hear sobbing. She slowly opens the door to reveal Mrs. Hanson. Fresh blood all over her arms and dress. A knife in her hand, clenching it and slicing through her palm. Jane stands there in shock seeing the woman like this. Slowly closing the door back processing what she has seen. Tears in her eyes and she try's to hide them. Covering her mouth to hide her expression. Walking back to the two man. Martin still glaring at the FBI agent.

"I'm, I'm really sorry" Jane can see the tears also in Martin's eyes. Suddenly a knock was heard on the door. Martin opens it to reveal Juan and Cory. Juan bows his head down before Ben calls him in. The door being shut behind him as the sobs of Martin are heard. Juan seeing his wife in the corner biting her lip.

—-

Juan's POV:

I met Cory half way here, I know Cory briefly. Me and him used to hangout a lot as kids. It's been years since I been down at the area. He told me I could leave Esther with his father-in-law. Then he took me to the location Jane and the other officer was. As the door opened we are met with Mr. Hanson. The other officer pulling me inside and shuting the door. As I raise my head up I see Jane in the corner. She doesn't look okay, she's looking down while biting her lip.