CHAPTER EIGHT

Jane's POV:

I feel a bit of pain in my stomach, as I open my eyes I see i'm in a room. A hospital bed. I let a sigh feeling slight pain. I see Cory come up to me, startling me a bit.

"How you feeling?"

"I feel okay" my throat feels a bit dry. But my mind just goes to Esther and Juan. Where are they. Are they okay.

"I got you something" a small smile appears on Cory's face. Reaching over to a table beside me. "Thought maybe it'll give you a taste of home" He pulls out an alligator making me laugh. But this causes me discomfort in the side of my stomach.

"Little crocodile," "please don't make me laugh, its an alligator"

"He'll protect ya, better than that bulletproof vest, right?" He chuckle but his smile fades away quickly. "I shouldn't joke about that... it saved your life."

"You saved my life" He looks away nodding and slowly sits down on the bed.

"Well, Jane you're a tough woman. You saved your own life."

_______

_______

Juan's POV:

My head hurts as hell, the lights turn on making my eyes burn. I put my hand over my face.

"get up juan its time to get up" it echos in my head. The voice sounding familiar. "JUAN DAVID!" i jump up and look around.

"Daddy" I jump hearing the voice right next to me.

"Oh Esther you scared me" I rub my eyes trying to fully wake myself up.

"Da-ddy" I look at her, my eyes widen. She opens her mouth to speak but she's having a hard time. I pull her onto my lap. "Sss, see mo-" tears start forming in my eyes.

"Its okay take your time" i move her hair out of her face.

"Mom" I let out a sigh and kiss her head. She gives up trying and starts signing. "I want to see mom. You haven't told me if mom is okay"

"We will go see her today, I promise" She nods and gets off my lap.

"Man with hat called" I tilt my head confused. "Casey's grandpa"

"Thanks honey" i ruffle her hair and get up. I just know she has been up for a while. I look over and see the picture of me and Jane. The photo just freshly girlfriend and boyfriend.

_____

Jane's POV:

Cory rubs my arm as I calm down from my sobs.

"You did good job Jane" he grabs my arm, "your a strong woman, and i know your raising your daughter right. You keep that little one out of trouble. And away from Casey" He causes me to laugh again which i wince in pain. There a knock on the door and he stands up. The door opens for a bit and a nurse comes in.