CHAPTER SEVEN

The man ran and ran. He could feel a bit of pain on his back. He felt like he ran for a couple miles until he felt to his knee's. He heard movement around him which he raised his gun. He got back up and started walking. He heard movement around him but nothing.

"COME ON COME ON" He yelled and turning around one last time. Juan punched him and again and again. He had thrown the gun he had on his hand.

"YOU MOTHERFUCKER" He didn't know if this angry he was letting out for Natalie or for Jane. But he didn't care. There was hand that pulled him.

"Juan that's enough." Cory pulled out a bag and placed on the floor. "Calm yourself, look at your hands" Juan looked down and saw how bloody his hands were. Cory threw him a bottle filled with water. "Jane wouldn't want you looking like this."

___

"Alright everyone listen up" The chief called for everyone's attention. Juan was helping the chief train the new rookies. He took the man and he gave Juan the blonde woman. Now there wasn't many women working with the FBI, as detectives or even as cops. This was a small case drug dealing and just got the warrant to search the suspects house.

"Banner" she still was working in putting on her bullet proof vest that she didn't answer. Juan cleared his throat and gently shoved her. "Looks like your still having trouble there."

"Sorry its a but too loose. I don't know if it's-"

"Torres"

"Yes sir"

"You and Banner would be searching the house. Me and Gomez would be searching the outside of the house" He continued going over rules and reading the file once more. He sent the two off and the woman still struggled tightening her vest. Juan reached over stopping her walking, pulling on the string and she let out a huff.

"Oh sorry, to tight?" Juan looked up in worry that he might of hurt her.

"No its fine just took some air out if me" He nodded and pat her shoulder. The two walked up to the house and knocked on the door. Juan put himself in front Jane his right hand on top of his gun. A man opened the door, he had tattoos all over his arm. He had an eye patch on his left eye.

"How may I help you?" He asked looking back and forth between Juan and Jane.

"Hello sir, we have a warrant to search your house." Jane spoke taking out the warrant paper. The man looked up and down at Jane and smirked. He opened the door and let the officers inside. Juan and Jane looked in each room together. Until it came to the living room the two of you saw the men putting something away.

"Sir can you please sit down. We need to search around and need you out the way." Juan putting a hand on the man's back but he didn't move.

"Yeah chill man, i'm just putting this away" but he didn't move, he kept shuffling around until all of the sudden he turned around. Juan quickly stood in-front of Jane. Instead he raised his hands up, chuckling. Juan didn't was in guard watching each movement. Having a rookie you had to protect them more since they are still in training.

"You know actually can you put your hand up and turn around" The man does so and Juan quickly takes his hand cuffs out. Placing him on a chair and standing near him. Juan nods at Jane who begins searching. Juan looks around moving towards the bathroom. Jane moves over to the pile of mess behind couch having to lean over to see if there is another way behind the couch. As she leans down seeing something stick out the couch the guy makes a comment.

"Yo lady cop, you can search my place when ever you want" Jane rose up not turning around, feeling disgusted.

"I'm sorry?" Her voice trembled

"You heard what i said. Your to fine to be a cop pay me more visits. I'll give you a treat" the guy smirked as he looked her up and down. Juan had come out the bathroom now finding some pill not under the guy's name. Hearing this he furrowed his brows.

"Excuse me, that is no way to talk to a woman."

"Are you done-" "no no you listen to me buddy you don't disrespect women like that."

"So what? I can do what ever i want, is she your wife?" He teased, Juan got close to his face.

"What if she was huh? I can put you in jail not only for the drugs but for disrespecting an officer. I bet you didn't know that also goes in your record." Jane didn't know what to do, she cleared her throat. Juan called in through his radio for the car to come and his chief.

The guys had been arrested and the chief took him in the car. The other had been Juan's so he took Jane there as well. Noticing how her legged bounced.

"Jane is it right?" He didn't look her direction, taking another road to so she can calm the woman down.

"Yeah" her voice was much lower. "Um thank you for-"

"You don't have to thank me. Men sometimes don't know how to control themselves." Silenced filled the car. "Look Jane i know you reacted when he said that to you. I know it takes you by surprise but if the chief saw that. That's what they do especially if they are men. They will try to break you and distract you" Jane looked down at her hands. Not knowing what to say. "I know it's horrible but you need to get used to that if you wanna join any of these jobs. Police, FBI, detective anything really." Juan looked over at Jane seeing her holding in her tears.

___

Esther's POV:

I had been telling daddy about what i had seen

I had been telling daddy about what i had seen. Noticed he wasn't paying attention so i tried asking if he knew if mommy was okay.

You okay daddy I asked he had tears running down his face.

"What?" He didn't look okay

"What?" He didn't look okay. He reached over for the bottle of beer. Mommy wouldn't like that. I hit his arm.

"Mommy gonna be mad" I angrily said.

"I know, i know but only one okay" he leaned over kissing my head. "Finish your food its time for bed" he got cup taking his plate placing it on the counter. Ever since mommy got hurt it hasn't been the same. Daddy has been acting weird and distant. I sighed looking down at my food, suddenly feeling sad. I miss mommy. I hate her not being here. I push my plate getting of my chair and running to the room. I want mommy.