Final-In the Thirteenth Week

It was not all happy-go-lucky for them just like Pete had thought. For example, when not long after they really got back together, ring and all, Vegas' insistence for Pete to move in right away made Pete so angry. Pete was exhausted from explaining why he did not want to yet. He would but not in the near future. So irritated and tired that Pete requested them to not see each other for a week, they needed space Pete had said. Turned out that was the button to push Vegas. Pete's upper arms were gripped so tightly, close to his eyes were Vegas', full of anger and something else that Pete could not fathom at that time. Vegas' scream rang in both of their ears, asking Pete if he wanted to leave again. Threatening Pete that he would shackle Pete again.

This was the time that they needed to talk together. This was the moment that their past stained their time together. This was what Pete was afraid of. But now, he was prepared. He calmed himself down as best as he could. He freed himself from Vegas' grip. Not a hard thing to do as Vegas himself had become limp although his breathing was still hard.

"We're tired. Let's talk when we are calmer and less tired. I'll sleep in the other bedroom," Pete finally said. In the past, he would just go to the room straight away but they were learning, they had to. Pete walked to Vegas and kissed his cheek, to show Vegas that he would still be there.

It was not even bedtime yet when Pete heard a knock and not even an hour had passed after Pete left their bedroom.

"Can I come in?" Vegas could just come in, the door was not yet locked anyway.

"Yes, it's unlocked."

Pete was resting on the bed with his body leaned against the headboard. He played some games while trying to calm himself down. Vegas climbed beside him and kissed the side of Pete's head,

"What game is that?"

"Just some old game that they brought back to life."

"Hmm."

They sat like that for a while, waiting for Pete to finish a level. When he did and locked his phone, Vegas motioned him to sit against Vegas so that he could hug Pete from behind.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for screaming at you like that. I was afraid."

Pete then understood what emotion he had seen in Vegas' face and eyes earlier.

"Apology accepted, but don't do that again! And you have to apologize for the other thing too."

"I'll try my hardest for that to not happen again. But please help me if it does."

"Anytime, and?"

Vegas sighed, "I don't understand why I should apologize for asking you to move in."

"You did not ask me. You insisted over and over again, even after I said no! And it's not like I don't want to move in. I want to but not now." It was not like Pete had not said that before but hearing it now that their head was clearer, Vegas understood better.

"I'm sorry for being stubborn about you moving in," he apologized sincerely.

"Hmm, don't do that again, okay?"

"You'll need to help me in that aspect too."

"I will," Pete smiled and looked up. He pulled Vegas' chin so that he could reach Vegas' lips.

Vegas was making an attempt to undress Pete but the latter stop him.

"We're still talking," he chuckled, reminding Vegas.

"Are we? I thought now is sexy time?"

"Yes, we are," Pete straightened himself but still sit between Vegas' legs. "I don't want to move in right away because surprise surprise, I actually really like where I am living now."