Chapter 8, "How have you been?"

"H-Harry?" I said as I turned myself to him and I saw those beautiful green eyes and those pink lips turning into a shy smile. "I never expected to see you here." He said smiling and I tried to compose myself. "It's... It's been a while." I said trying to don't let my voice crack. "A year." He quickly replied me and I nodded. "How have you been?" He asked me and took a glass of champagne too. "My life is going very well." I said half whispering still not believing that he was in front of me. "H-How has been yours?" I asked and he took a deep breath. "I tried to find..." "Emily!" I heard Lina's voice say interrupting what Harry was going to say and I quickly turned myself to her. "It's too late and the limousine is already outside waiting to drive us home." She said and I nodded and then I looked at Harry and then I took a step back and walked to Lina but he took my arm and made me turn to him "Emily" He said and with my other hand I took off his hand from my arm. "I'm sorry, they are waiting for me. Hope everything is going good with you Harry. Bye." I said and I quickly took Lina's arm and walked outside. "Emily stop! He was Harry?" She asked me and I looked at her and nodded. "Why don't you...?" "No Lina, c'mon please. Let's go." I said and she understood that that was too much for me and nodded so we went to the limousine and finally we got home. I opened the front door of my house and when I entered I saw Jacob laid on the couch sleeping. I just smiled and walked to him and sat down caressing his cheek. "Babe. Let's go to the bed." I said as he opened the eyes and nodded. "Help me unzip my dress." I whispered and he helped me and then we laid on our bed and cuddled. "How have been the party?" He asked me caressing my cheek. "I've seen him" I said. "Who? Brat Pit?" He said laughing. "no... Harry." I said looking at him and he wrapped me close.
"Have you talked with him?" He asked still caressing my cheek. "We've just exchanged few words. So... no." I said. "What is he doing here?" He asked me. "I don't know Jacob..." I whispered and he made me look at him with his hand on my chin. "Why don't you call him tomorrow and have a coffee with him?" He said and I shook my head. "I've been avoiding him all this year. Avoiding every single magazine where he could be. Not watching those random TV programs where they talk about him. I mean, he could have died and I would be here without having noticed about it." I said and Jacob started to laugh. "You would have noticed Emily. You told me that your sister is dating one of his band mates." He said taking off the hair from my face. "Yes, but I told her to don't tell me anything about him." I said and he kissed my forehead. "Why don't we get some sleep and tomorrow you'll think about it again. At least, he never did something bad to you." He said and I nodded. "Good night Jacob. I love you." I said pecking his lips and he wrapped me close and kissed my forehead. "Good night sweetheart." He whispered and we closed our eyes.

I rolled myself and looked into the clock that I had on my nightstand. Had already passed 2 hours and I couldn't got asleep. I looked at Jacob that was in a deep sleep and then I rolled my eyes and walked to the living room and took my laptop that was in the coffee table and opened it. I looked at the google icon on the screen and I clicked it and quickly the Google page appeared in front of my eyes and I typed: Harry Styles. I looked into the intro button and then at Harry's name. "Fuck!" I whispered and closed the screen without push the intro button and left the laptop back on the coffee table and walked back into the bed and climbed into Jacob's arms without woke him up.

I was in a deep sleep into Jacob's arms when suddenly we heard our door's bell rang. We stood up and looked into each other confused. "Who the hell is knocking on our door on a Sunday morning?" Jacob said and I stood up and took one of his big t-shirts. I walked to the front door and opened it. "WHAT THE FUCK!" I yelled. "You're not going to hug your little sister?" Julie said and I quickly pushed her to me and hugged her as strong as I could. "Emily! I can't breathe!" She said laughing and I looked into her and hugged her again. "W-what are you doing here?" I asked and she smiled. "Can I get in?" She said smiling and I nodded and we entered. As I closed the door, we saw Jacob coming to us. "Julie, he's Jacob." I said and she smiled. "So finally I can meet my sister's boyfriend instead of just hearing his voice on the phone." Julie said and hugged him. "So... are you going to tell me what are you doing here? Why you didn't told me you were coming!" I said smiling and we sat on the couch. "I wanted to come as a surprise. Niall and the lads are here in LA recording and I decided to come with Niall so I could visit you." She said smiling. "That explains why he was there yesterday." I said to Jacob and he nodded. "Who?" Julie asked looking at us. "Harry." I said and Julie swallowed. "Did you talk with him?" She asked and I shook my head. "You should." Julie said touching my shoulder. "That's what I said to her." Jacob said and Julie nodded. "I don't know... What is he doing with his life?" I asked curious to Julie and she shook her head. "You made me promise to you that I would never tell you about him and that I would never tell him about you, and that's what I've made and that's what I am going to do. It's about you two Emily... I think you should call him and talk with him." She said and I nodded. "But... is he ok?" I asked and she nodded. "He was devastated... but now he's happy." She said and I smiled. "I like the fact that he's happy. Cause' I am happy too." I said taking Jacob's hand and he smiled and kissed my cheek.