Chapter 7, new life:

1 year later.

"I keeeeep going to river to praaay cause' I neeeed something that can wash all the paaaain and at most I'm sleeeeeeping all these demens away but your ghost, the ghost of you it keeps me awaaaaaaaake!" I sang as loud as I could take my coffee cup and taking the paper. "Emily! Emily!!! Turn off the radio!" "Uh?" I answered and I turned off the radio. "Your mum is on the phone." I quickly took the phone and putted it on my ear. "Hi mum!" "Sunshine! How are you?" "Good! I was going to have breakfast and then go to work and you?" "We've just finished having lunch now." "Cool! What time is it there now? Here it's 8am." "Here it's 4pm. And by the way, Julie is mad with you because she says that she's still waiting for the Brad Pitt's autograph." "Tell her that I will ask him the day I'll meet him because... mum guess what!?" "Oh, God. Tell me they finally gave you the Oscars' place." "Yeeeeeeeeeees! I can't believe I'm going to the Oscars mum!!! Can you believe it?! I will be the insider of the magazine in the Oscars. God! I'm so happy." "I think that the California's weather makes you freak out more than usually. But we are freaking out too so..." "God mum, I'm so happy." "And I'm happy too about it sunshine. I have to hang up; I still have some stuff to do." "Yes, and I should finish my breakfast and get ready for the work." "Ok sunshine, I'll call you tomorrow. Bye, I love you!" "I love you too mum!" Then I heard the dead line and I turned off the phone. "Don't you dare to turn on the radio again. I already have headache." Jacob said and I walked to him and sat down on his lap and pecked his lips. "Smile." I said and he shook his head. "C'mon, smile. You're such a bad actor." I said laughing and he finally smiled and started to tickle me. "Jacob stop!!!" I yelled and he kissed all over my face and finally placed a kiss on my nose. "Get ready or you'll be late." He said helping me to stand up and I walked to our shared bedroom and before enter I looked at him and was staring at me. "Don't look at my ass, pervert!" I said. "Too late." He whispered laughing.

"Babe" Jacob said as he came to our room as I was dressing myself. "uh?" I said buttoning my shirt. "Do you want me to drive you to your job?" He asked me and I nodded. "Are you not working today?" I asked confused and he shook his head. "My brother have changed me the turn. He has some stuff to do this afternoon so I'll make the afternoon turn and he's doing the morning turn." He said and I nodded and put my shoes on. "So... you're coming late tonight?" I asked and he nodded. "Oh" I said and he came and hugged me. "Are you going to miss me?" He said smiling and I nodded. "I always miss you when you're making the afternoon turn." I said and he laughed. "C'mon, you're going to be late." He said and I nodded so he interlaced our fingers and we walked outside where he had his car. As he drove to my job, I was looking by the window and smiling. "You know what I love the most of Los Angeles?" I asked and he looked at me "Me" He said laughing and then looked again to the road. "Apart from you." I said pushing his shoulder. "The weather." He said without taking his eyes from the road. "How do you know it?" I said laughing. "Cause' you're telling me this every day." He said laughing. "I'm not telling you this every day." I yelled and he just looked at me and smiled. "We're here." He said as he parked in front of my job. "I'm going to take the bus to come back home, ok?" I said and he nodded. "Kiss me." He said smiling and I smiled and pushed my lips to his. "Jacob... I'm going to miss you." I said and he started to laugh. "Babe it's just today and just few hours. And by the way, tomorrow it's Saturday, and you know what we are going to do!" He said and I looked at him confused. "You forgot it..." He said and I fake a smile. "We said I was going to go with you to buy you a dress for the Oscars!" He said and I quickly put my hands on my mouth. "God! You're right!" I said and he pecked my lips. "C'mon go... I love you." He said laughing and I kissed him again "I love you too" and then he left.

I entered to my office and I quickly saw Lina coming to me. "How's my favourite girl?!" She asked laughing and I hugged her. "I've just told my mum today about the Oscars position." I said and she smiled and sat in the chair in front of me. "And she freaked out as much as you did?!" She asked laughing. "That's impossible." I said laughing and I opened my computer. "What do you have to do today?" She asked me and I looked at her. "I really don't have so much to do today. I had some articles to write about the films that are nominated for the Oscars but I did it last night." I said and she smiled. "God, now I understand why they give you the position. You are the most efficient employee in the magazine. "Do you remember when I arrived here a year ago?" I asked and she nodded. "I promised to one taxi driver that I would be happy instead of get drunk every day and that's what I'm doing. I'm working in one of the most interesting cinema magazines and they've bring me the opportunity to be the insider in the Oscars, and I live in a beautiful small house in front of the beach with a man I'm truly in love with. What else can I ask?" I said and she smiled. "You deserves it Emily." She said and stood up. "Lina." I said and she turned to me. "Jacob is going to work on the store today so I have nothing to do this afternoon, would you like to go to the centre and have a coffee or something else?" I said and she smiled. "That would be nice! We can meet on the parking lot when we'll finish working and go to have lunch." She said and I nodded. "See you there then." I said and then she left. Then I looked back to my computer screen where I had a picture of Jacob and me in the beach as wallpaper. I smiled and then I opened my mail and started to read all the emails and do my tasks when I heard a message on my phone.
*I've put some of your favourite cookies on your handbag since you haven't breakfast at all. I don't want you to get so skinny so... eat! I love you. xx J

"And they've just told me that there is an after party and I can bring some other girl with me so I've think that maybe you would like to come with me to the Oscars' after party." I said to Lina as I paid the lunch we had in the centre. "Oh my God Emily! Yes! Thanks for think of me." She said hugging me. "And I also need to meet Brad Pitt to ask him an autograph for my sister" I said laughing. "It's going to be great!" She said and I nodded and we started to walk around the shop centre. "Oh look! A new Victoria Secrets' store!" She said and I smiled and looked at her. "Let's get in?" I said and she nodded. We entered and started to search for good underwear and then we went to other shops until it was too late and I looked at my phone. "God! It's too late! I should get going. Jacob will be at home soon." I said and she nodded. "I'm going to take the bus." I said. "Do you want me to drive you home?" She asked. "Oh Lina, doesn't mind, I can take the bus." I said and she rolled her eyes. "c'mon! Let's go." She said laughing and we went to her car. "When are you going to get your car licence here in USA?" She asked laughing. "I don't know but I really should. Jacob says that I can use his car." I said and she started to laugh. As she parked in front of my house, I got out and kissed her cheek and then she left, then I walked to the front door and entered and I saw Jacob laid on the couch. "Who's the one who's coming late now?" He asked laughing. "Sorryyyyyy! I've been hanging out with Lina in the shop centre." I said smiling and he stood up and kissed my lips. "It's obvious that they've increased your salary." He said laughing and taking my bags. "Victoria secrets?" He asked smirking and I took the Victoria Secrets' bag. "You'll prefer to see this on me instead seeing it on the bag. Believe me." I said smirking and he took me on his arms and kissed my neck. "Jacob!" I said laughing and he left me on the couch.

"Hmm let me see." Jacob said as I walked outside the dressing room showing him the blue dress I was trying. "Do you like it?" I asked not sure about that dress. "hm... yes but I don't think this is the one." He said and I nodded. "Yeah... me either..." I said walking to where all the dresses were and I saw a beautiful long and grey dress with some transparencies on the back and I quickly took it. "Babe what about this one?" Jacob said and I turned and I saw a really beautiful tight black dress on his hands. "No" I said and I walked to the dressing room. "But babe why don't you try it? You have such a beautiful body and this tight black dress would look amazing on you plus I have never seen you in a tight black dress." He said showing me his best puppy eyes. "No. I don't like black tight dresses Jacob..." I said entering to the dressing room and I quickly breathed and took my mind back to the reality again and dressed myself with the long grey dress and walked outside. "So?" I said when Jacob saw me he quickly stood up and looked at me from the bottom to the top twice. "oh my God." That's all he said. "Jacob, why don't you close your mouth?" I said laughing and he quickly came to me and took my hand and made me turn around. "Definitely this is the one." He said and I smiled and before I could enter to the dressing room again he took my hand and pushed me to him smashing his lips on mines. I wrapped my arms around his neck and as we separated he just pushed his forehead on mine and smiled. "If any of those random actors touch you I will kill them." He said laughing. "If any of those random actors try to touch me I would kick their balls." I said and Jacob started to laugh so loud. "That's my girl." He said pecking my lips. "C'mon, undress yourself, I'm gonna pay the dress." He said smiling and I got into the dressing room.

"Linaaaaaaaa!" I yelled as I got out from the building where the Oscars were. It was the most incredible and amazing experience of my life, to be there, inside writing on my notebook everything I need to write for later write the articles for the magazine. "How has been be there inside?!" She asked me as I entered to the limousine where she was waiting for me to go to the after party. "Has been amazing!!!! Oh my God! I still can't believe it! I'm going to call Jacob!" I said and she just laughed as I took my phone. "Hello?" "Baaaaaaaabeee!" "Ok, I'm going to suppose that the Oscars have been amazing." I heard him saying it laughing. "Are you joking? Has been the best experience of my life!" "I'm so happy for you sunshine! And now you are going to the after party, right?" "Yes! I have Lina here beside me. We're going to have fun, but we also have to take notes of what the winner say and... oh God! I still can't believe it!" "Ok, I'm going to let you freak out with Lina. I'll try to stay awake till you come home ok? I love you." "I love you too babe." I finally said and I hung up and looked at Lina as the limousine stopped. "Let's have fun?" I asked and she nodded. "We entered to the cool Hotel where the party was and they quickly gave us the cards as a magazine's writers to enter. Everyone you could imagine in Hollywood was there. Of course I had the chance to take pics with them and for my sister's happiness, I finally could ask for a Brat Pitt's autograph. I saw Lina taking pics with some actor as I was walking to the bar to take a glass of champagne. I was feeling so happy; I was doing what every cinema article's writer dream, enjoying a glass of champagne in the Oscars' after party with a notebook full of notes, but suddenly something interrupted my thoughts. Something I never expected. "Emily?" I heard a raspy voice said.