Maa ka Anmol Mantra

Part 7

Around 9 o'clock, he dialed her number. She picked up on the second ring.

Hello Arnav. There was happiness in her voice
Hi Khushi, How are you

I am fine Arnav, Are you OK?

Yah good. Are you back from the office?

Yeah, I came back around 7.30. You?

I am at home.

I missed our conversation.  it was a routine.  so I felt like some part is missing in my daily routine. 

We will remain in touch as we were before. He kept the conversation casual. He wanted to make her comfortable. That night both slept peacefully. 

Arnav was apprehensive about how to approach Khushi again. He wanted to play safe this time. He didn't want to give a chance to Khushi to say 'NO'. 

Nowadays the young generation thinks that they are too intelligent. They don't need their elders' advice. Their parents or grandparents are too old fashion. They will not understand them. Perhaps that is why when there is a problem in their lives or they needed some advice, instead of going to their elders they search on Google. Instead of sharing with their elders, they share with their online friends.

 But Arnav was not one of them. He approached his mother & explained the whole scenario.

  Arnav you are totally dumb. 

Mom........ Instead of advising me & helping me, you are accusing me!!

What Mom, She told you that she is ready to arrange marriage. If you had told me earlier, by now we would have sent the marriage proposal for Khushi. 

But Mom, Khushi denied my proposal. 

Arnav whatever you have told me, I have concluded that Khushi is a traditional girl. The approval of her parents is very important for her. So if her parents will give a nod to you she will be more than OK. 

Are you sure Mom? 

Go & talk to her. First, take her approval before approaching her parents. 

Oh, Mom, you are the best. 

Don't butter me, I also want a nice bahu like Khushi. 

Arnav was still apprehensive so he asked again. 

Mom are you sure she will say yes? I hope she will not reject me again. 

If she doesn't, then go on your knees, Cry a little. I am sure she will melt.

Mom, you are enjoying my misery. 

Arye, I get hardly any chance to tease great Arnav Singh Raizada. So I am not going to lose this opportunity. I am going to tease you for the rest of my life & I am sure the whole family including Khushi will be on my team. His mother teased him more. He just smiled & went away.

As his mother advised, He decided to discuss it with Khushi at the next meeting.

Khushi are you ok if my family approaches your parents about our alliance?

She lowered her eyes & replied- If my family approves then I will go with it. 

Arnav asked again - If they will not agree??

She looked at him but didn't reply. There was sadness in her eyes. Arnav got his answer. 

He patted her head lovingly & said. Don't worry. I am very good at convincing people & I got this trait from my mother. So everything will be fine.