Chapter 6: Big Props, Big Responsibilities

* I just wanna let people know, this chapter didn't actually happen in the show and was made for the sake of the book*

I woke up freezing the air condition had been cranked up since last night and it was super cold. I shivered in my bed and shivered as I walked over to the bathroom.

I did my hair and brushed my teeth, while putting on my outfit. My mom slowly followed behind with my routine.

"Honestly, it's getting boring, but I think you've got a chanc-" I shushed her before she could continue.

"Don't jinx it" I looked at her intensely and she quickly got quiet. "Mom?" I turned to look at her. She stared at me while putting on her lipstick.

"I want a lyrical or ballet routine today" I said while yawning and opening my phone. "To prove to the judges *especially Abby* that I can be a Abby dancer" I smiled.

"Quite smart" my mother mumbled not even paying attention to me. The breakfast soon arrived and I gobbled it down, while my mom took slow, sad bites.

"What's wrong mom?" I asked her while wiping my mouth. "Nothing, I'm just missing Jersey' but it's okay, let's leave now" She got up quickly.

I got up from the table grabbed my dance duffel bag and we headed out to the competition. I was quite confident I had a chance at winning.

AT THE COMPETITION:

When I got there Jordyn ran up to me and hugged me really tight *as usual*. I started stretching but something seem off about today. Very off.

"Um, guys what's taking Abby so long?" Jordyn blurted out. Most of us shrugged, Abby could sometimes be unpredictable.

We decided we weren't going to sit around and stretch for a whole eternity so we decided to play some games.

We play truth or dare (secrets were revealed) and when we were in the middle of twister. We could see Abby's big hair bobbling.

"Abby's coming!" Kristie shouted. We quickly got into assemble I handed the Twister game to Maria and she wrapped it away.

Everybody ran into a line while I was helping Maria with the Twister game. "RILEY!" Jordyn and Lexine hissed at me.

I finished helping Maria and ran as fast I could to join the other girls. I stood at the end of line, not the best place to be if you want Abby to notice you but I was late.

"Alright, Dancers congratulations you made it to another week!" We all clapped, it was kind of weird how just a few weeks ago I was hoping to be on this show and now I'm here.

"This week is a little bit different!" Abby said with a smile on her face. I felt myself get tense because Abby's surprises usually mean more work for us.

"The challenge this week is cooperativeness!" I raise my eyebrow because I don't even know what that means.

"I can see some of you don't know what that means" Abby looks directly at me. I blush and try not to look too intimidated.

"It basically means, can you handle working with people you don't work as well with? Can you handle having random challenges thrown at you, can your peers work together with you to make the performance better? We'll find out" Abby turns for the door and we start to shift.

"But wait.. I have a few more things to say" As we immediately turn back around. "Bet you weren't expecting that either" We all shake our heads.

"The theme for this weeks dance is really big props" I turn to look at Jordyn who gives me wide eyes.