Chapter eleven: Break-up

It's been a week since George ended things with me and I couldn't do things properly without thinking of him, I missed the breakfast in bed, I missed the sex, I missed cooking together and game night with him. I stayed in bed because I had nothing to do and suddenly my phone rang, feeling excited that it could be George I hurriedly pick up but it wasn't George, it was work.

Work: Morning Esther, how are you doing?

Esther: I'm doing good

Work: Great, can you come to work today?

I would do anything to take George of my mind

Esther: Yes I can

Work: Good, 6pm please come early

Esther: Will do

Work: Alright, thank you. Bye

Esther: Bye (end call)

I didn't want anyone to think I'm miserable because of the breakup so I wore excessive makeup (not really excessive) and something cute but comfortable.

When it was 5:30pm I ordered Uber and it came late and made me go late, I know my boss would be disappointed with me but what can do, it's not my fault that the Uber came late. When I got to work, I could see the look of disappointment on my manager's face but I still went on with my work.

After few hours of working, someone came to the counter and requested for an item, when I look up, I saw that it was George (awkward) so I decided to play it cool.

Esther: Good evening, what can I get for you?

George: Can you please tell me where I can find the wine aisle, I looked but I can't.

God I miss his voice

Esther: Come with me please

I showed him where he could find the wine aisle

George: Thank you, how much?

Esther: That will be £27 please

He paid for two and a bag and left. Is he really going to act like nothing happened? he didn't even look like he cried or miss me unlike me where you can see my eye bag and almost red eye.

I don't blame him, I went on with my work and asked my manager if I could work again tomorrow, he said yes.

If I see George tomorrow, I would definitely talk to him and see if I can bring us back together because I really missed him, I missed everything about him.

The next day I prepared for work and when I got to work I waited for George to come but he didn't come. George didn't come to the store for two week until one day when he came, I expected him to talk to me but he didn't and when I pulled him out to talk to him but he told me not to do that again or try touching him again and left the store.

Wow? He just made it obvious that he didn't want to talk to me again, i was really embarrassed by his behaviour and  so I asked my manager.

Esther: I'm sorry to disturb you but can I take a week off?

Manager: I was really worried about you, I mean you worked constantly for a whole month. Yes you can take a break and also if you have anything to talk about, you can always tell me

Esther: Thank you and yes I'll tell you

I'm not telling anyone my problem, I don't want to look pathetic and miserable to them.

When I got home, I tried calling George but he didn't pick up, I tried again for so many time, he didn't pick though it was ringing and when I decided to try one more, I saw that I was blocked. He blocked my number, wow, the nerve of that guy.

Thank you for reading
Please like, comment and vote
Thank you